Evenings on board Reflection/s class ships

Csardas

Hi,

I'm thinking about booking a Med cruise on Reflection next July and I have a few questions.

1. Does the evening dress code apply across the bars too or just the dining room and restaurants? We've just come off Oceania's Riviera and many were in shorts, t-shirts, trainers and baseball caps in the evenings - but not in the dining rooms/restaurants.
  2. We like to eat circa 8:30pm but on Riviera having a pre-dinner drink at 7:45/8:00 meant that the bars were empty and souless as 90% ate at 7pm. Does this happen on Reflection?
  3. This would be the largest ship so far- previous max was 2000. Do you struggle for seats/sunbeds on sea days?

I appreciate there is a general thread on dress code but I couldn't see my specific query.Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'm thinking about booking a Med cruise on Reflection next July and I have a few questions.

1. Does the evening dress code apply across the bars too or just the dining room and restaurants? We've just come off Oceania's Riviera and many were in shorts, t-shirts, trainers and baseball caps in the evenings - but not in the dining rooms/restaurants.
  2. We like to eat circa 8:30pm but on Riviera having a pre-dinner drink at 7:45/8:00 meant that the bars were empty and souless as 90% ate at 7pm. Does this happen on Reflection?
  3. This would be the largest ship so far- previous max was 2000. Do you struggle for seats/sunbeds on sea days?

I appreciate there is a general thread on dress code but I couldn't see my specific query.Thanks in advance!

Dress code only applies to the MDR, not any of the specialty restaurants or anywhere else on the ship.

Can't help you with the bars

Getting a lounge near the pool can be a problem unless you get there early. There will be spots available but not in what many consider prime locations.

Although the dress code is for the restaurants I have not seen many people wearing shorts, tees etc in the bars on deck 4 & 5 in the evening (Martini Bar, Cellar Masters, World Class Bar, and Ensemble Lounge).

The Sunset bar which is aft and by the buffet seems to have more folks in shorts, tees etc.

Although the dress code is for the restaurants I have not seen many people wearing shorts, tees etc in the bars on deck 4 & 5 in the evening (Martini Bar, Cellar Masters, World Class Bar, and Ensemble Lounge).

The Sunset bar which is aft and by the buffet seems to have more folks in shorts, tees etc.

I'll second that sentiment.

Enjoy your cruising days.

...having a pre-dinner drink at 7:45/8:00 meant that the bars were empty and souless as 90% ate early

We had late seating on the Reflection and rarely went to the early shows pre-dinner. We enjoyed pre-& post dinner drinks in a variety of the bars (depending on weather, live music, and bartenders!) and did not encounter any 'souless' vibes! Never felt crowded, either. The martini bar is the hardest to get seats, however there is plenty of standing room near the atrium railings, so you can still enjoy it.

Happy Sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regarding bars, the Martini bar has become a major gathering spot on all the S-Class ships....especially since more and more folks have drink packages. In our experience the Martini Bar usually has a good fun crowd from about 4:30. There are enough late diners that there will be a crowd during that 7-8:30 time (that is where you would fine me). Some of the other bars, such as the World Bar...are often dead as a mortuary.

Hank

Hi,

[*]This would be the largest ship so far- previous max was 2000. Do you struggle for seats/sunbeds on sea days?

Just to close out answers to all your questions:

Sun beds on sea days:

There are several secret spots on the Reflection where you can have a quiet sun day and there seemed to always be seats available. Some spots do require climbing stairs.

If you want a more lively sun day by the pool and bars/ grilles, then yes, seats are harder to come by. Early and late in the day are the easiest times to find sun beds near the pool that are either more active or not.

What I love about all the S-class ships are the many beautiful and interesting seating ( and walking!) opportunities. If you like exploring ships, you will find them! In fact, I feel there is never enough time to enjoy all these venues once onboard, so feeling the urge to take longer and longer cruises to connect with the sky and sea and seats!

Enjoy your sunny sea days!

Sent from my iPad using Forums