Port Shuttles

Mivawebb

We just completed 28 Med Circle cruise. Due to size of ship - Royal Princess, we had to dock several miles out of town in most cases. What drove us nuts was that Princess never advised of the availability of locals shuttles. You had to either sign up to their expensive $15 per trip else wing it. It most cases we found that the local port or bus company provided a shuttle service for several Euros. Princess publish a port guide every night but dont provide essential shuttle info if you weren't using their tours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is discussed frequently on the ports boards. First, you may not need a shuttle in some ports- walking or public transit is a serious option. Second, in the vast majority of ports that require a shuttle, the port (or some other government agency, like the city) will provide the shuttle. Sometimes they charge, but most of the time they do not. Third, it is rare the port or city doesn't provide a shuttle (Dublin is one that leaps to mind). You just have to do your research.

Why would Princess advertise for it's competition?

Barcelona is another stop that Princess conveniently forget to mention in the patter that although there is a Princess paid shuttle into town, just outside the terminal door is the local port bus stop that charges about 25% of the cost of the Princess bus. Just make sure you have some euros available to purchase a ticket on the bus.

Makes a difference, especially if you are travelling as a family. Also taxis, that can be shared are available just outside.

Does anyone have any experience with disembarking at the Brooklyn Cruise Port in NY?

Does Princess provide shuttles to Penn Station? I mean shuttle you pay for while on the ship?

I called Princess, and they said no. I realize you can get different responses depending upon the agent you are dealing with on the phone. A friend of a friend said that last year when the Regal TA arrived, Princess did have buses to book.

Thanks

I just came off emerald princess and in victoria, bc princess was charging $13 for shuttle bus to downtown victoria; the same bus that princess used was selling tickets for $10 as you walked off ship; go figure

Does anyone have any experience with disembarking at the Brooklyn Cruise Port in NY?

Does Princess provide shuttles to Penn Station? I mean shuttle you pay for while on the ship?

I called Princess, and they said no. I realize you can get different responses depending upon the agent you are dealing with on the phone. A friend of a friend said that last year when the Regal TA arrived, Princess did have buses to book.

Thanks

Yes, there were Princess transfers. On the Regal last year, aside from transfers to JFK, LGA and EWR airports, there were transfers to Grand Central Terminal, Pennsylvania Station and Port Authority Bus Terminal.