Adventure of the Seas Embarkation time???? And Pre-Cruise Hotel????

Can someone please tell me what time you can board Adventure in San Juan? Sail time is 830pm on 3/31/18. We are arriving in San Juan Friday at dinner time. Hoping to book a hotel close to the pier, but not sure if we can do any touring of San Juan on Saturday before we leave?

TIA!

Can someone please tell me what time you can board Adventure in San Juan? Sail time is 830pm on 3/31/18. We are arriving in San Juan Friday at dinner time. Hoping to book a hotel close to the pier, but not sure if we can do any touring of San Juan on Saturday before we leave?

TIA!

Boarding usually starts between 11:30am and noon.

Yes, cabins open about 1. We stayed at Hyatt House a the convention center on the bay. You can see the ship from the hotel It s all suites and just wonderful. There is no resort tax so it is cheaper , This Oct, we are staying at Hyatt Place, right across the street from Hyatt House and just a year or so old/ Good price and view of ship

Edited by mlmbar

ok-so the same as other ships that leave much earlier?? And cabins open at 1pm like other ships as well?

Our experience on Adventure has been that staterooms open around 1:30pm.

Thanks-I was looking at those 2 last night as well as the Sheraton that is right there as well! Appreciate the info!

I have heard good things about Sheraton, also. Quick taxi ride to OSJ and nothing better than waking to seeing the ship. Hyatt also has a free breakfast

As a frequent traveler on the Adventure I also strongly recommend Hyatt Place.

Very close to Pan Am pier(.4 mile away from ship).

Olive Garden across the street for dinner.

Complimentary breakfast.

New and spacious rooms with excellent pool on property.

Caribe Hilton (yes you can use points if you have them...) is an outstanding place to stay - a 5-10 minute cab to the pier.

Great property, service, and views...a nice way to start your vacation ahead of Adventure of the Seas boarding the next day (we've done this 3 times at both the hotel and Adventure).

wow! these are all great options-I have Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott points, but Im sure not enough for a night stay, but I'll check!

Do any of these hotels offer free shuttle from airport or to cruise terminal? The shuttle and free breakfast might show a clear winner!!

TIA!

We boarded at around 11am, we are the type to want to get as much time as possible, you can board later if you want to tour the area. The only hotel I have used is the Condado Plaza hilton.

Curious about the hotel portion as well. I currently have Hyatt House and Hyatt Place booked - it will be 5 of us staying the night before the cruise. Any differences between the two or one you recommend more than the other? The House is about $40 but than the Place - so clearly not an issue on which we go with. Just want to comfortable.

Hyatt House versus Hyatt Place

They are across the street from one another with Hyatt House's parking lot shared by the Olive Garden.

The Hyatt House has condominium folks while Hyatt Place is a NEWER hotel with more spacious rooms and better facilities, especially the pool area.

Hyatt Place is the better alternative IMO.

We stayed at La Concha the night before the cruise departed. Checked in at about 6pm, walked along the beach (gorgeous sunset!), then took an Uber into OSJ for dinner.

Next morning, enjoyed the included continental breakfast, checked out, Ubered over to the port, dropped off our luggage, and checked in at about 11:00- hardly a wait. Went up to the Windjammer for lunch, then grabbed a taxi back to OSJ for a day of touring and pina coladas at Barrachina's. :D

Ubered back to the ship at 4:30, went right to our cabin, showered, then attended the muster drill at 5:30. Luckily, our drill was in the MDR! Then, off to dinner at Giovanni's for our 6:45 reservation.

Everything was smooth as glass.

Question- given the choice between staying in Old San Juan- close to places to visit, or in the Convention Center Area- near the ships- why not Old San Juan proper?

While it looks like you can walk from the Sheraton to the ship- it's not really realistic to do that- much of the road along the water has no sidewalk. Which makes the luggage hauling not realistic. So staying over there is just another place to stay.

Vs. Old San Juan, which is where all the sights are.

The taxi cost from the airport will be the same, the taxi cost to the ship will be higher for Old San Juan, BUT- if you wanted to visit, there would not be an extra cost to go back and forth to Old San Juan. Most hotels will hold your luggage well past check out time, and, as you have noted, there's no real rush to board. It would be good to board before 5pm, so you don't have to repeat the muster drill. But other than that- it's a choice between being on the ship or in Old San Juan.

Question- given the choice between staying in Old San Juan- close to places to visit, or in the Convention Center Area- near the ships- why not Old San Juan proper? ... .

I agree, I'd much rather be in OSJ than at the convention center.

Question- given the choice between staying in Old San Juan- close to places to visit, or in the Convention Center Area- near the ships- why not Old San Juan proper?

While it looks like you can walk from the Sheraton to the ship- it's not really realistic to do that- much of the road along the water has no sidewalk. Which makes the luggage hauling not realistic. So staying over there is just another place to stay.

Vs. Old San Juan, which is where all the sights are.

The taxi cost from the airport will be the same, the taxi cost to the ship will be higher for Old San Juan, BUT- if you wanted to visit, there would not be an extra cost to go back and forth to Old San Juan. Most hotels will hold your luggage well past check out time, and, as you have noted, there's no real rush to board. It would be good to board before 5pm, so you don't have to repeat the muster drill. But other than that- it's a choice between being on the ship or in Old San Juan.

We were on Adventure last September. We were supposed to stay at Sheraton Old San Juan, but unfortunately that was when that side of the city lost power. We were relocated to the Sheraton in the Convention Center area. It was nice but i so wanted to stay in Old San Juan. Stay there if you can.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thanks-I was looking at those 2 last night as well as the Sheraton that is right there as well! Appreciate the info!

I tried to book a room at the Sheraton Old San Juan for March 2018 but they are only allowing two-night reservations through their website. If you call the hotel directly you might be able to get a room for one night.