Changing dinner time

Purplsmurf

Hi all! We just recently booked our cruise and all that was available was late seating. We don't really want to eat that late, but totally get it since we booked so late. We prefer select dining. Do we go directly to the MDR when we board to see if we can get it changed? Not a big deal if we can't, but just wanted to see if we can try to get it changed immediately upon boarding or if there is a different time to do it. Thanks so much!!

Hi all! We just recently booked our cruise and all that was available was late seating. We don't really want to eat that late, but totally get it since we booked so late. We prefer select dining. Do we go directly to the MDR when we board to see if we can get it changed? Not a big deal if we can't, but just wanted to see if we can try to get it changed immediately upon boarding or if there is a different time to do it. Thanks so much!!

You can get on the waiting list for Select Dining right now. Ask your TA or, if you don't have one, call Celebrity and ask them to put you on the Select Dining waiting list. If you don't get to change before your cruise, then you can ask once aboard.

Yes, make sure you are on a wait list now (contact Celebrity if you booked directly with them or your travel agent if you used one). Often soon after final payment is a good time to double check if anything more desirable has opened. If no luck prior to boarding, after you board proceed to the MDR. They will have a Maitre'd (or manager) on duty to speak with about any dining related issues/requests. Most of the time they are able to make adjustments; occasionally they may have you stick with your assigned time the first night and the try to get you your preference the second night and on rare occasions you may be stuck with an undesirable time - but have not heard of this happening too frequently. The earlier you head to the MDR to do this the better your chances.

We're on the wait list for select dining for our cruise departing this weekend, we've been on the wait list for quite a while now with no movement.

We plan to go to the dining room to change on departure day, we won't do the late dining as our teenage son is with us and wants to go to x club after dinner which doesn't work when dinner ends late. We'll probably end up in speciality every night if we cannot move so could be expensive.

I'm especially cross with my TA as we asked for select when booking but only noticed about 6 weeks ago that we were not on the waitlist for it. We won't be using that TA again!

We were scheduled for select dining on our most recent cruise, we went to the dining room the first afternoon and were easily switched to early, there was another couple there doing exactly the opposite, there should be no issues once onboard.

And if the worst comes to the worst, you can dine in Oceanview! Window table for 2, reasonably quiet, good food, with some cooked to order, and friendly staff, we enjoyed it more than the MDR. Only trouble is, you have to help yourself!

On my Nov cruise on Equinox we had late dining and were on the wait list for early. I asked about switching when I boarded and again on the first night and was told that there was no room at the early seating and select was overbooked. I asked again on the third night and the maitre d told me to come 10 minutes after the early seating and they would seat my husband and I at random open spots.

trishkri has a good alternative if all else fails. There is always room available due to people booking specialty restaurants, deciding to eat at the buffet, etc.. So as a last resort they should always be able to find a spot for you if you are not too fussy as to size of table, etc..

On my Nov cruise on Equinox we had late dining and were on the wait list for early. I asked about switching when I boarded and again on the first night and was told that there was no room at the early seating and select was overbooked. I asked again on the third night and the maitre d told me to come 10 minutes after the early seating and they would seat my husband and I at random open spots.

Good point! We are waitlisted for open seating, and there are many no shows at fixed seating due to shows and specialty dining. We will do what you suggest if not moved from the waitlist. Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks everyone! I did speak with my TA and she said that there is absolutely no waitlist available. Just hoping that we can make the change once on board and if not we will stick with the late seating.

There absolutely is a waitlist. Log into your reservation online; it might be possible to put yourself on the waitlist via the website. Not sure why your TA is not helping.

There absolutely is a waitlist. Log into your reservation online; it might be possible to put yourself on the waitlist via the website. Not sure why your TA is not helping.

I can't do anything online because I booked with a TA, but even on there early dining can be waitlisted, but not select. I don't think my TA would lie to me. She has been in the business for a LONG time. She said that she asked and there is absolutely no waitlist for select. No worries. We will just try once on board