Renewing our Vows - is it possible?

ellie1145

My husband and I are celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary soon and would love to renew our vows onboard Star when we cruise in September, as we will have all of our very small family with us (2 daughters, son, son-in-law and baby grandson).

Is this possible on NCL ships and if so, has anyone experienced this ceremony?

We last renewed our vows 15 years ago on Grand Princess and feel the time is right to do this again.

Thank you.

.....if you want to pay for it.....

We did it (though 5 years ago). Wasn't "on the cheap" but worth every penny since my DH passed away 2 years later. Trust me, best money ever spent. All he did was reminisce about it. If you can do it, go for it!

I don't see any reason why they would refuse. You can find some experiences on NCL here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

or instead of speculating on why they would or would not refuse.... you can read the whole thread and look all he way down to post #2 where there is a link to NCL that has the actual vow renewal package......

I got married on the Escape last August, and one of the options which was also less-expensive and much easier (less paperwork) was renewing vows; the captain even performs the ceremony! But make sure you book this far in advance.. like.. 6 months at least... the whole process takes time.. and read everything *VERY* carefully. There are hidden fees and surcharges, and they add up quick if you aren't paying attention.

Also, the company who handles the ceremonies isn't NCL, but a wedding coordinator company which partners with them. They won't even speak to you about details or pricing until you have a reservation booked and provide them with the reservation number.

It was the best experience we ever had though, well worth it!

Good luck!

-Keith