2 adults and 2 children. Cheaper with 2 staterooms than 1

Had a search for a friend now, and it appears that it is $300 cheaper to book a balcony plus an inside across the hall than it is to book all 4 of them in a balcony.

I have a hard time seeing how this make sense for RCCL, as if they had booked only the balcony they could have sold the inside to someone else!

Is this a common practice?

Unfortunately 2 balconies was not cheaper than one, this time :-)

Had a search for a friend now, and it appears that it is $300 cheaper to book a balcony plus an inside across the hall than it is to book all 4 of them in a balcony.

I have a hard time seeing how this make sense for RCCL, as if they had booked only the balcony they could have sold the inside to someone else!

Is this a common practice?

Unfortunately 2 balconies was not cheaper than one, this time :-)

Sorry...no re-sales of cabins :D

It is not exactly common, but it's not unheard of either.

Once I had reserved two adjoining oceanviews for us and our four girls ... and when they offered a sale, I was able to change to three balconies for less money. We had the steward open the balcony dividers, and we had one loooong balcony, which also served as a private way to go from cabin to cabin without going out in the hall.

Yeah i called our vacation club that we booked thru and they said no would be more for two separate boardwalk balconies on Harmony at least for us this time maybe one inside cabin and one boardwalk but not both

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked 2 central view rooms and saved half the price than booking 1 for 2 adults 2 kids

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's similar to what I found many years ago when reserving rental cars for business. I found that it was cheaper to rent two, full size sedans than it was to rent one mini-van. Of course then you need two drivers and fill up gas in both vehicles. However it turned out to be more convenient, and it allowed more flexibility with the team.