Murder on Emerald Princess

Aquahound

Generally speaking, Federal, state and county prosecutors utilize grand juries to decide whether probable cause exists to support criminal charges. ​A regular jury (6 to 12 people) – aka a petit jury – hears only trial cases. A regular jury decides the facts. The judge presiding over the trial decides the law.

Thanks for the explanation.

Preliminary hearings are a strange beast. Many defense attorneys waive the preliminary hearing if they are certain the case will proceed to trial anyway. The main reason is that The biggest difficulty with contesting a preliminary hearing in federal court is that the prosecution can admit hearsay testimony. This means that the prosecution can call an agent, usually the case agent, and he testifies about what other agents saw, heard or learned during the investigation. At trial this sort of testimony isn't allowed. IF they are looking for a plea deal the defense attorney doesn't want to antagonize the prosecution or influence the judge. There really isn't anything to read into it.

Often overlooked, in 1975, a lounge singer was murdered on the Sun Princess during a Mexican Riviera cruise.

The prime suspect was a band member, the victim's jilted lover. Fortunately, an LAPD homicide detective, who happened to be on board, determined that the real killer was a passenger, a car dealer, and the crime was solved before reaching port in Acapulco.

You are funny. That was a Columbo episode from 1975 titled "Troubled waters ".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night and an avid Judge Judy watcher.

I, myself, prefer Judge Marylin Millian (sp ?) on the People's Court. [emoji6]

And of course Law and Order.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How did he get in the MDR with his wardrobe,lol.

One thing is for sure, Dearie......he was NEVER invited to the Elite luncheon with the Captain and the Looky Loos from THAT murder!! ;p

Toot-Toot!!

Cheerio, Dearies!!! :*

For those who are interested, there is a website called "websleuths" where posters seem to do further online researching for information and discuss cases. Apologies in advance if its not ok to link this, but here is their thread on this topic. Lots of incorrect hypotheses ( e.g. there was no gun, etc) but they do report more background information on the couple http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?344798-AK-Kristy-Manzanares-39-killed-on-board-Emerald-Princess-Juneau-25-July-2017/page23&

For those who are interested, there is a website called "websleuths" where posters seem to do further online researching for information and discuss cases. Apologies in advance if its not ok to link this, but here is their thread on this topic. Lots of incorrect hypotheses ( e.g. there was no gun, etc) but they do report more background information on the couple http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?344798-AK-Kristy-Manzanares-39-killed-on-board-Emerald-Princess-Juneau-25-July-2017/page23&

I like we sleuths, here is a site if you like to watch trials, Lawnewz.com. They re keeping an eye on this case.

Please don't read this article if you don't want to know the cabin number. Not only does it show the number, it shows an informative picture of the cabin.

The speculation as to what cabin it was (and whether or not you'd want to know) reminds me of an incident that happened decades ago in Southern California. A woman fell to her death from a hotel balcony under suspicious circumstances (the suspect was acquitted.) Incredibly, I'm told the room is (or was- perhaps the "novelty" has worn off) was quite popular from then on, with people requesting to stay there. Go figure! :eek::confused:

Eww. Thats a bit morbid.

Didn't someone post upthread here that their customer asked specifically for this suite and asked for a discount?

I didn't catch it earlier, but yes, there's a post about someone asking if the crime would lower the price of the cabin. I'm all for saving money, but that's mighty tacky.

They have likely already changed out everything in the cabin so it is physically as new, and likely cleaner than the other cabins. Some people aren't spiritual or into ghosts, etc, so I can imagine some people won't be bothered by the murder and many people won't even know about it.

I just checked a couple of roll calls here for current/upcoming sailings, and there's no chatter about it there. For what it's worth, I wouldn't have heard about it if I wasn't on CC (I don't get my news from People).

That said, I'm sure it's being discussed on Facebook-based roll calls.

I have run across no posts that said, "my room was cancelled because a murder took place there..." I wonder if the room was occupied by the next sailing?

How do we find out? Is it possible that the FBI was able to obtain all that they needed....and that Princess was able to clean the room(s) that quickly that it was ready for the next sailing? What do people think?

I just checked a couple of roll calls here for current/upcoming sailings, and there's no chatter about it there. For what it's worth, I wouldn't have heard about it if I wasn't on CC (I don't get my news from People).

That said, I'm sure it's being discussed on Facebook-based roll calls.

It was on all the national news station .

It was on all the national news station .

I don't watch those either. That said, that's a choice I make for my sanity. Lots of people are merely oblivious.

Don't take my word for it, go check out the current Emerald Princess roll calls.