Murder on Emerald Princess

Aquahound

Only two ways this thread will die. If the mods lock it, or when the man gets a conviction. It's an ongoing case, why Google when anyone can come here and read for themselves and go to provided links. It will never be over for the family and my heart and prayers go out to them at this difficult time. Tragedies happen all the time on cruise ships, it doesn't prevent me from going. It's a floating city, always be ware oi your surroundings.

Uhh…

Prayers all around, but my heart only goes out to the rest of the family, especially the 3 daughter/witnesses and the inlaws aboard, but not the literally red-handed husband.

Uhh…

Prayers all around, but my heart only goes out to the rest of the family, especially the 3 daughter/witnesses and the inlaws aboard, but not the literally red-handed husband.

He doesn't get my prayers that's for sure! I said "the family" that doesn't include him since he's no longer a part of it.

Whether still newsworthy or not, today's thread bump was completely pointless. Really is time to lock.

May be pointless to you...But I am going on the Emerald for a Christmas and New year Cruise to Hawaii....I wouldn't like to stay in a cabin where somebody's life was taken ......:confused:

Who died and made you boss? It’s relevant and the mods will decide if not relevant.

Who are you to tell Mr. Fishywood what he can and can not post?

If you have a problem with his post you should click the little triangle at the top of the post.

May be pointless to you...But I am going on the Emerald for a Christmas and New year Cruise to Hawaii....I wouldn't like to stay in a cabin where somebody's life was taken ......:confused:

Maybe so and that is 100% within anyone's right to feel that way. On the other side some others would not give it a second thought. Myself I have made a lot of money buying properties that have had issues like deaths happen within them.

As for this thread it should stay open and be allowed to be viewed and commented on until the issues of the thread are resolved. The Trial has not happen yet. For those who want it closed, just unsubscribe to the thread. If every thread that someone had a issue with was closed we would have no threads open.

Edited by Expat Cruise

I don't personally feel that way, but I guess I can understand if someone doesn't want to stay in

a cabin where a murder occurs.

Ever day I have to drive on roads where death has occured. I try not to dwell on it.

The cabin number was posted more than a year ago.

What will you gain by following along now ... that will affect your cruise?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53643086&postcount=167

I don't personally feel that way, but I guess I can understand if someone doesn't want to stay in

a cabin where a murder occurs.

Ever day I have to drive on roads where death has occured. I try not to dwell on it.

The cabin number was posted more than a year ago.

What will you gain by following along now ... that will affect your cruise?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53643086&postcount=167

Yep Pablo, I tend to agree. It is sort of like if a tree falls in the forest and...... If a bad thing happens in a cabin and goes unreported, did it occur? Nope, because it wasn't reported on CC. But then, I can understand someone being reluctant to book a cruise in a cabin that they took a long time and effort to find that something awful happened in it.

Well I wasn't expecting all this....I just wanted to know..I wasn't in the said cabin with my daughter on my cruise at Christmas and New year...I actually had a neighbour who was murdered..I saw the ones who did it and ended up going to the Old Bailey in London as a witness..One of the hardest times in my life...I heard all the gory details what they found in the said house by the cleaners who clear crime scenes.....Not only that I am sensitive to that sort of thing and pick up......I have now seen what number the cabin number was...If I met or saw someone in that cabin obviously I would remain silent.....On QM2 there is a cabin where someone died in strange circumstances...I wouldn't want to be in there either.....

But people on this thread who say move on -forget it...No I won't-A poor lady died in terrible circumstances and has children Some people are just so primitive.......

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, jimdee3636 said:

Assuming there's a long (and I mean LONG) prison sentence imposed, this is probably as close to justice as the dead woman's family could expect.

Assuming he is sentenced under Alaska law, the sentence would be a term of imprisonment of at least 10 years but not more than 99 years.

1 hour ago, TNTLAMB said:

There is NO parole or good time for murder in the federal system, so he will serve no less than 19 years of hard time

That is not my understanding where there is not a life sentence.  This is what I found:

Many prisoners can get time off—that is, a reduction in sentence—by behaving well. In the federal system, prisoners who, in the judgment of the Bureau of Prisons, have exhibited “exemplary compliance with institutional disciplinary regulations” can get up to 54 days per year off their sentences. Prisoners are eligible if they are serving a prison term of more than one year; those serving life sentences are ineligible.