CPap Machine - outlets?

Smoothiesrock

You have to request distilled water plus power cord extension prior to sailing (something like 30 or 60 days before - I don't remember the exact number) off their website. They will provide the items in the cabin. I don't know where to locate it on their new website. But you may also email to them and they will reply within a week: special_needs@rccl.com

You can send online the Celebrity Guest Special Needs Form.

Just check the CPAP on the Bringing Equipment portion on this link:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs-form

You can also bring your own 6-10' non-surge protected extension cord.

Extension cords are on the prohibited list and reports back from passengers on this board indicate they are being confiscated.

Use cpap so I submit special needs form well ahead of each sailing. X always sends email confirm yet at embarkation water and extension cord usually aren't in cabin and steward claims he wasn't notified. Always manages to produce them for us though so believe they must maintain a large inventory.

Our CPAP machine works on 120/220 50/60 cycle currents. So just about any outlet in the cabin will provide power for the machine. If requested, Celebrity will provide distilled water and an approved extension cord for the cruise.

We always carry at least two plug converters (two flat slots to two rounds, both ways); there can be purchased for about a dollar each.

As others have said, some crews will take your extension cord and give it back at the end of the cruise!

Use cpap so I submit special needs form well ahead of each sailing. X always sends email confirm yet at embarkation water and extension cord usually aren't in cabin and steward claims he wasn't notified. Always manages to produce them for us though so believe they must maintain a large inventory.

Same here. I really don't think submitting the special needs request does anything for the extension cord. Maybe if they have a lot of requests they will add to the ship's stocks. Also they don't know which side of the bed you want to sleep in. I requested our cabin attendant to run the cord under the bed to the other side close to the bathroom. So he had to find the longer cord. It was ready by the time we came back from dinner.

Same here. I really don't think submitting the special needs request does anything for the extension cord. Maybe if they have a lot of requests they will add to the ship's stocks. Also they don't know which side of the bed you want to sleep in. I requested our cabin attendant to run the cord under the bed to the other side close to the bathroom. So he had to find the longer cord. It was ready by the time we came back from dinner.

From our experience, the extension cords were automatically placed in the room with a gallon of distilled water.

We just sailed with another couple who needed a CPAP machine. They didn't request anything ahead. On embarkation day when they met their steward they said that they needed an extension cord. The steward provided the cord and taped it down so there would be no tripping issues if they were to get up at night or simply forget about the cord. Many people travel with the CPAP, so it's a common issue they deal with regularly. It's never a bad idea to request it ahead of time.

I always bring a roll of duct tape to tape it to floor so it won't be a tripping hazard running from the desk/vanity to the bedside. I bring my own ext. cord and use tap water. My CPAP clinic for a few weeks a year when we travel that will not effect CPAP.

When I go on a cruise I give myself a REAL vacation and leave the darn thing at home. It is so nice to be free for a week!

Yes, it's nice to be free--but my wife and I know at least one guy who died from sleep apnea because he didn't want to be bothered with a CPAP. I always bring mine along.

I have found Celebrity to be very responsive to CPAP users. Like others I make the request ahead of time and find the extension cord and distilled water in the cabin when we arrive. On HAL, they charge you for the distilled water.

I have found Celebrity to be very responsive to CPAP users. Like others I make the request ahead of time and find the extension cord and distilled water in the cabin when we arrive. On HAL, they charge you for the distilled water.

Interesting. I wasn't charged for the distilled water for my CPAP when I sailed on HAL. I guess things have changed.

Interesting. I wasn't charged for the distilled water for my CPAP when I sailed on HAL. I guess things have changed.

I was charged on our 10/2016 Zuiderdam Canada cruise.

I was charged on our 10/2016 Zuiderdam Canada cruise.

My last HAL cruise was in 2015. As I said, it looks like things may have changed. But I think charging for distilled water is nickel and diming; I can buy a gallon for about $1.29 at my local supermarket.

You can send online the Celebrity Guest Special Needs Form.

Just check the CPAP on the Bringing Equipment portion on this link:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs-form

You can also bring your own 6-10' non-surge protected extension cord.

I would find a 6' a little too short since the receptacles are only at the desk and more than 6' from the end tables.