Royal suite on Equinox for 4 adults

rubylake

Hi,

My husband and I will be cruising with my parents. The price of 2 sky suites is the same as 1 royal suite. So we are debating what to book. As always I come to this board for ideas. Can four adults stay comfortable ina RS? What are the extra benefits of staying in a RS vs SS? Thank you.

Along well a separate bedroom, there is a sofa bed that can accommodate 2 adults. There is also additional closet space in the living room space. But the shower and tub is located attached to the bedroom. The 2nd bathroom only has a toilet and sink facility.

It's doable, but just be informed prior to sailing what the space offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two adults will have to sleep on a sleeper sofa in the living room. There is only one main bathroom and a half bath and the bathroom is attached to the bedroom. Third and fourth people in the Royal Suite will not get all the perks. I would much rather have two Sky Suites, a real bed, my own bathroom and some privacy.

3rd and 4th do get all of the perks, we did it with our 2 daughter's. We also did the sky suite on our last cruise, with the girls in an inside cabin, boy did we miss the RS perks. We just booked our next cruise and the girls are willing to share the pullout, in order to get the perks,(yes!). It's doable for us, but it all depends on how well you get along, and who gets the pullout?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Forums mobile app

3rd and 4th do get all of the perks, we did it with our 2 daughter's. We also did the sky suite on our last cruise, with the girls in an inside cabin, boy did we miss the RS perks. We just booked our next cruise and the girls are willing to share the pullout, in order to get the perks,(yes!). It's doable for us, but it all depends on how well you get along, and who gets the pullout?

From the Celebrity website. I know the Royal Suite also gets unlimited specialty dining.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/celebrity-suites-offer Maybe this doesn't pertain to the Royal Suite. We've stayed in one but only two of us. Unless it were children, I wouldn't recommend two people on that sleeper sofa, especially someone's parents.

Edited by Ma Bell

The pull out in the lounge is a reasonable size for a youngish couple. It is quite low down, however, and not suitable for anyone with mobility issues.

All perks including premium drinks and unlimited speciality dining are included for all RS guests.

I would think the parents would need the main bedroom. As they are more likely to be the 'first to bed' this may also work well. What may work less well is if they are first up in the morning as they will have to go past you to go on the balcony or to exit the room...Sharing the RS will take some tolerance but the room lay out, space and the perks are great. Much as the second bathroom is just a toilet and sink it does give privacy during the night....

Difficult to advise, it has worked really well for us as a couple with a young adult son...never experienced as two couples.

Hopefully someone who has traveled in a similar situation to yourselves can advise.

Whatever you choose, hope you have a great family cruise!

In your case the 2 sky suites may work best for the 2 full bathrooms.

In 2014 we took my mom on her last cruise as her health was really starting to deteriorate. We had 4 adult women in this suite. My 27 year old niece and I took the bedroom. My sister who has MS took the pull out which worked out fine with the mattress topper and my mom slept sitting up either in the chair or the other couch as she had bad COPD and had not slept flat in years. With the mattress topper, my sister was able to get out of the sleeper ok. That pull out would be tight with 2 adults in that bed. Doable but tight.

We have always traveled together so this was nothing new and we love being close and in same room. There was plenty of room for all of us including an oxygen concentrator, 2 scooters and a rollator. Celebrity provided a raised toilet seat for the 1/2 bath and a bath bench for the shower. It was quite the production getting everything coordinated.

we had a fabulous time!! The dining room table came in handy for games, breakfast and dinner a few times depending on mom's fatigue.

Enjoy.

Have stayed in RS many times, including as couple and as parents with adult daughter (on sofa bed). Sofa was ok for a 29 yo, but if the adults are of any size (height or breadth) for two it would be uncomfortable. And sharing a shower with daughter was no big deal (she took the half bath as hers)...but it's daughter, not adult parents.I would opt for two sky suites, side by side, open the balcony, have two comfortable beds and bathrooms, purchase a dining package if you want specialty dining, enjoy luminae and get your drinks in Michael's club....etc. just my opinion. Then you know you will still get along when the trip is over!

Oh- make sure you added the cost of the two additional adults to the price of the RS when you compare prices...we found it was less than we thought it might be to add our daughter as person #3, but not insignificant.

The last time our family of four were in RS, we had a rollaway bed brought in. It was brought in at the evening turn down service and removed in the morning. We found that worked very well. However, we were not two couples travelling. I can see the pros of both, but with the enhanced luggage and embarkation procedures (for RS & PH) along with the unlimited speciality dining and other perks, I would be inclined to go with RS.

So you had to eat it in the MDR each night because your girls could not go to Luminae or Michael's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, we all ate in Luminae, we were expecting the additional charges, as the girls were not in a suite, but we were never charged. Our butler even took care of the girls, their cabin was across the hall from us.

Mike

Are there any particular laundry perks with an RS?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When we sailed on the Equinox in the RS, the butler took care of our laundry as often as we wanted. Never an additional charge.:)

Are there any particular laundry perks with an RS?

Technically you will receive two sets of coupons with 2 x bag washing, some pressing, dry cleaning. In reality as long as you don't abuse the system they will sort out all your needs without charge.

Technically you will receive two sets of coupons with 2 x bag washing, some pressing, dry cleaning. In reality as long as you don't abuse the system they will sort out all your needs without charge.

On our recent Solstice sailing (in a Celebrity suite), I was told that they didn't use coupons anymore... somehow their system knows your level and perks.