Need help selecting a "quiet" A1 cabin on Eclipse

cruisin lady ca

I am looking at available A1 cabins on Eclipse. Almost the entire length of A1 cabins on the starboard side of the ship is available - 1554 to 1584. I have gone through the S class cabin spreadsheet and eliminated many of these because of comments about window washing equipment, etc. I further narrowed down my list based on bed position (we prefer to have the bed near the bathroom) to: 1566, 1562, 1606. Of these, which would you choose?

I want to have little to no noise from deck 12 as my DH is a light sleeper. My thoughts about cabins 1566 and 1562 are that they appear to be located under the solarium and there would be less moving of chairs and less foot traffic during evening parties in that area. I am guessing that either one of those would be quieter than 1606.

Does anyone know which cabin the jacuzzi is over? I am hoping that either 1566 or 1562 is under lounge chairs and not the jacuzzi. I tried to "measure" the relative distance of these cabins and the jacuzzi from the forward elevators, using the published deck plans, but haven't a lot of confidence in that approach. So, I am turning to the experienced cruisers here on CC and hope someone will help me pick the better of the cabins. TY.

We chose our cabin for our forthcoming cruise underneath the Jacuzzi, 1559, port side. Our friends had 1557 on a different cruise, right next door, but I don't believe that cabin is underneath the Jacuzzi. Their cabin was quiet. Reports of 1559 are good as well. So whatever the opposite cabin is to 1559 on the diagram would be the cabin under the other Jacuzzi.

Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate the info about 1553, 1559 and 1557. They are not available on my cruise. I did book 1566 which seems to be one cabin off of the "under the jacuzzi" on the starboard side. It sounds as though that area should be quiet since the Solarium doesn't get the same foot traffic as the main pool area.

I am pretty excited to be sailing in AQ again.

Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate the info about 1553' date=' 1559 and 1557. They are not available on my cruise. I did book 1566 which seems to be one cabin off of the "under the jacuzzi" on the starboard side. It sounds as though that area should be quiet since the Solarium doesn't get the same foot traffic as the main pool area.

I am pretty excited to be sailing in AQ again.[/quote']

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, after we had booked I started looking at various pictures, and there is a huge circular bed-thing near the hot tubs that I had forgotten about, more or less a permanent furniture fixture, or I should say, one that can't be dragged around, hence noisemaker. I'm pretty sure that 1559/1561 are right beneath the hot tubs, so whatever the corresponding cabins on starboard are to those, those might be really good cabins. Someone mentioned 1533. That is an A2.

We've had a couple cabins in that section, 1521 and 1501, but you have to be cautious with some of the 1530s to the 1540s port side, as some of those cabins are underneath the Aqua Spa Cafe and there have been many, many reports of noise, depending which cabin you have. The spreadsheet has that info.

It is good to know that 1533 is a "quiet" cabin, too.

1533 you will have more sun. The A1s generally have a huge overhang, which will leave your cabin shaded and protected by the elements, for the most part.

Edited by 4cats4me

I am looking at available A1 cabins on Eclipse. Almost the entire length of A1 cabins on the starboard side of the ship is available - 1554 to 1584. I have gone through the S class cabin spreadsheet and eliminated many of these because of comments about window washing equipment' date=' etc. I further narrowed down my list based on bed position (we prefer to have the bed near the bathroom) to: 1566, 1562, 1606. Of these, which would you choose?

I want to have little to no noise from deck 12 as my DH is a light sleeper. My thoughts about cabins 1566 and 1562 are that they appear to be located under the solarium and there would be less moving of chairs and less foot traffic during evening parties in that area. I am guessing that either one of those would be quieter than 1606.

Does anyone know which cabin the jacuzzi is over? I am hoping that either 1566 or 1562 is under lounge chairs and not the jacuzzi. I tried to "measure" the relative distance of these cabins and the jacuzzi from the forward elevators, using the published deck plans, but haven't a lot of confidence in that approach. So, I am turning to the experienced cruisers here on CC and hope someone will help me pick the better of the cabins. TY.[/quote']

Actually we stayed in cabin 1554 and loved it. I believe it was under part of the hair salon and very quiet- the window washing equipment didn't impact us at all as it was in the corner of the balcony. I would strongly suggest you look at the layout of deck 12- you want to be under a spa treatment room, not under the gym or whirlpool or the spa cafe. Enjoy your cruise.

Actually we stayed in cabin 1554 and loved it. I believe it was under part of the hair salon and very quiet- the window washing equipment didn't impact us at all as it was in the corner of the balcony. I would strongly suggest you look at the layout of deck 12- you want to be under a spa treatment room, not under the gym or whirlpool or the spa cafe. Enjoy your cruise.

We will be under the Jacuzzi in October. I will definitely post back here with a noise report, if any. [emoji4]

1552 is an excellent cabin with a huge balcony. But, the bed is at the doors. If you go towards the front of the ship in an A2 it is pretty quiet until you hit the gym but there is no overhang. I love the overhand and 1552 gives you a bit of both. Enjoy

How is 1544?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

One of our favorites. We almost always book on the starboard side 1540 to 1550 (A2 Cabins) because they're below the reception area to the salon. They're also close to the Relaxation Lounge and the circular stairs up to the Persian Gardens.

Cabin numbers?

On the starboard side, the A2 Cabins start at 1502 and go to 1550. Some are accessible cabins but are clearly marked. On the port side, They start at 1501 and go to 1545. You'll need to look at a deck plan to see what's above. Starboard, avoid being below the treadmills. However, under the hair salon is nice and quiet. Port, avoid being under the Spa Cafe which can be noisy in the early morning hours.

We always book the A2 cabins aft of the pool (these are in the 1600s). Those cabins have several advantages. They have a passenger deck on top of them...which means no noise from the pool deck. And because of that extra passenger deck they are further separated from the large Overhang. The irony is that the A2 cabins are usually less money then the A1s....which is why we never accept an upgrade from A2.

Hank

We chose our cabin for our forthcoming cruise underneath the Jacuzzi, 1559, port side. Our friends had 1557 on a different cruise, right next door, but I don't believe that cabin is underneath the Jacuzzi. Their cabin was quiet. Reports of 1559 are good as well. So whatever the opposite cabin is to 1559 on the diagram would be the cabin under the other Jacuzzi.

The cabin on the starboard side of the ship that is opposite 1559 is 1564, and the cabin that is opposite 1557 is 1562. I would rather be under the big lounge beds than under the jacuzzi, I think, since the lounge beds are probably not moved around much, if at all. Was there any noise from the jacuzzi? Or from parties on the pool deck?

We had 1531 on Eclipse last April, we chose it because it was far enough away from the stairs and lifts and under the acupuncture section of the spa. It was very quiet and the bed was near the bathroom. :)

We had 1531 on Eclipse last April, we chose it because it was far enough away from the stairs and lifts and under the acupuncture section of the spa. It was very quiet and the bed was near the bathroom. :)

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, it is not available on my cruise.

Having gone through the S Class spreadsheet and the Celebrity threads, as well as availability on my cruise, I have the following cabins from which to choose. The comments regarding location are what I extracted from the S Class spreadsheet. I am hoping they are accurate descriptions.

1527 - under Persian Garden (bed near bath)

1535 - under acupuncture room (bed near bath)

1540 - under spa retail shop (bed near balcony)

1542 - under spa retail shop (bed near bath)

1546 - under spa retail shop (bed near bath)

If you were choosing from these five A2 cabins or one of these two A1 cabins - 1562 or 1566, which would you select? If anyone has stayed in one of these, I would love to know your thoughts on your cabin. Unfortunately, the S class spreadsheet doesn't have a lot of information about any of these cabins.

Would you consider "downgrading" to a Concierge Class cabin (9378 or 9301) - and saving $800, a reasonable alternative? I originally had a C2 booked, and then upgraded to the A1 when the fare dropped for AQ. I keep second guessing myself and wonder which is the better direction. As much as we have enjoyed dining in Blu, we were happy with our MDR experience on our last cruise. So, I have mixed feelings about the cost difference and the benefits of going with AQ instead of CC.

If I was choosing from that list, I would go with 1527 or 1535 based on what is above them. We had considered trying Concierge but we loved Blu as it is quiet and small, the food was great and we loved the breakfast choices.

We didn't use the Persian garden much as the noise from the showers in there is quite loud, making it not very peaceful.

We have this afternoon just booked aqua again for next August on the Equinox :D

We always book the A2 cabins aft of the pool (these are in the 1600s). Those cabins have several advantages. They have a passenger deck on top of them...which means no noise from the pool deck. And because of that extra passenger deck they are further separated from the large Overhang. The irony is that the A2 cabins are usually less money then the A1s....which is why we never accept an upgrade from A2.

Hank

Thanks. Our first AQ cabin was in the forward group of A2's and we liked the area so much we've always gone back there, never looking at the aft A2's. Of course, we get to work off more calories walking the longer distance to Blu!

1527 - under Persian Garden (bed near bath)

1535 - under acupuncture room (bed near bath)

1540 - under spa retail shop (bed near balcony)

1542 - under spa retail shop (bed near bath)

1546 - under spa retail shop (bed near bath)

If you were choosing from these five A2 cabins or one of these two A1 cabins - 1562 or 1566' date=' which would you select? If anyone has stayed in one of these, I would love to know your thoughts on your cabin. Unfortunately, the S class spreadsheet doesn't have a lot of information about any of these cabins.

Would you consider "downgrading" to a Concierge Class cabin (9378 or 9301) - and saving $800, a reasonable alternative? I originally had a C2 booked, and then upgraded to the A1 when the fare dropped for AQ. I keep second guessing myself and wonder which is the better direction. As much as we have enjoyed dining in Blu, we were happy with our MDR experience on our last cruise. So, I have mixed feelings about the cost difference and the benefits of going with AQ instead of CC.[/quote']

Any of the above cabins would be fine but my preference is for the starboard side of the ship so I'd go with one of the even numbers. I find both Blu and Persian Gardens to be significant enhancements to my cruise and worth the extra money.

We didn't use the Persian garden much as the noise from the showers in there is quite loud, making it not very peaceful.

I spend my time in Persian Gardens with noise cancelling ear buds plugged into relaxing music on my phone so I'm not bothered by other noises. I also set a timer on the phone so I'm not a lounger-hog!:cool: