Changing stateroom B2B

ashhill

We were on a 41 day B2B2B once.

What repeated:

o Dining room menus (had a chance to eat a favorite again or try something different)

o Production shows

o Cruise Director jokes

o Captain's speeches (and jokes).

What was different:

o The ports. Each segment had different ports

o Entertainers in the showroom other than the production shows

Thanks, that was helpful. So, you did the B2B2B mainly for the different ports. Are there any offers or discounts for doing multiple cruises on the same ship, B2B or otherwise?

Was that a Princess cruise? Other cruise lines have different methods than Princess.

The Princess letter with the information for B2B passengers even says attending muster is optional.

Agree.

We last did back to back through Sydney (on Dawn Princess last December and didn't change cabin) and we were told we did not have to attend the second muster.

We did however get a letter the next day telling us that we had been noted as not having attended the muster.

The letter including a printed version of the text of the muster briefing.

Edited by Corfe Mixture
wrong ship name!!!

Next year we have a b2b2b on the Pacific Princess. The first leg is an 18 day transatlantic from FLL to Southampton, then16 days to North Cape and finally 14 days in the Baltic.

Wow, that will be lovely! Do they have any offers or discounts for multiple cruises on the same ship, B2B or otherwise?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Forums mobile app

Wow, that will be lovely! Do they have any offers or discounts for multiple cruises on the same ship, B2B or otherwise?

Never seen one.

If you book a B2B vs. a "logical" cruise (same itinerary, but sold as a single cruise) the price will usually be different. Then you have to decide if the perks and the price difference are better booking one way or the other.

We have never been asked to do the muster drill after the first cruise and the directions say, if you are not attending the drill, please stay in your cabin during the drill. Gladly we stay in the cabin and spend the time relaxing on the balcony with a cocktail.

You need a balcony to get away from the broadcast of the muster drill over the cabin loud speakers.:(

Just curious to know the reasons why anyone would like to repeat the same Cruise ship, (instead of doing a a different Cruise ship from the same port). Aren't the shows, entertainment, food and activities exactly the same?

For us, the ports aren't the destination, the ship is.

We haven't done a B2B yet, but I did do the same California coastal 6 weeks apart. Didn't get off the ship the second time.

Never seen one.

If you book a B2B vs. a "logical" cruise (same itinerary, but sold as a single cruise) the price will usually be different. Then you have to decide if the perks and the price difference are better booking one way or the other.

I noticed that the smaller segments, when booked separately and added together, work out much cheaper than the combined long Cruise

We did a B2B in the Med this spring. Different ports the 2nd cruise.

When we changed cabins, we had the letter explaining the process and new cabin cards on the last full day aboard. On moving day the cabin steward's supervisor came by about 0720 and loaded our bags and hanging clothes on a cart and took us to our new cabin. It had already been cleaned and was ready to move in. We were able to go ashore as soon as we wanted to go and had an in-transit passenger card that allowed us back on before new passengers boarded. Moving was very easy.

As far as muster drill on the 2nd cruise, we sat on our balcony drinking some wine during the drill.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Just curious to know the reasons why anyone would like to repeat the same Cruise ship, (instead of doing a a different Cruise ship from the same port). Aren't the shows, entertainment, food and activities exactly the same?

Several reasons come to mind: we met a pair of women who were traveling together on an Alaska NB/SB B2B. Their plan was to shop in every port going north, and ask everyone at dinner what excursions they did and how they were. They then picked their excursions for the SB leg based on super-recent feedback on the choices and reports they heard. Also, someone posted a great B2B last summer aboard the Grand Princess doing two 10-day Alaska RTs: one had Glacier Bay and Skagway, the other had Tracy Arm Fjord and Haines.

We did B2B2B on Regal last winter, moved from a bal to ms. We informed our steward a few days before the move, he located and introduced us to our new steward (adjacent area, about 8 doors apart), which was very helpful in verifying the procedure. It was all effortless, and I would have have no concerns about a cabin change in the future. As previously stated, you must go to a holding area, or perhaps even exit the ship for the zero count. When you return, you just go to your cabin. P.s. Don't forget to empty your safe!

For that matter the people who cruise a lot on Princess see the same shows year after year with hardly any new ones.

Even the guest entertainers don't change their material from year to year.

As far as the food selections go, there are numerous items to select from each night & it's impossible to sample everything each cruise & it gives me an opportunity to have something different each trip.

My DW and I have booked a B2B next March on Crown Princess and have a different stateroom for each cruise. Can anyone tell me how our luggage will be dealt with when we change rooms. We will still be on the same deck - just a few doors along.

Thanks for any replies.

With us, we had the same room. In your case the cabin attendant will move all your belongings to the new cabin. From what I've read(not sure how true it is)you basically don't lift a finger. It's possible you may have to leave the ship for immigration during the first return. On the Regal, we just gathered in the theater with our passports & were checked over. It's not always the case, however. You will notice the menu stay the same, even if you venture to a different part of the region you're traveling in. That was one thing we didn't like. We're both foodies & in the food industry. Food on the Regal was generally very good, so starvation was NOT an issue LOL! Have a great time & give us a review on your trip afterwards.

For that matter the people who cruise a lot on Princess see the same shows year after year with hardly any new ones.

Even the guest entertainers don't change their material from year to year.

As far as the food selections go, there are numerous items to select from each night & it's impossible to sample everything each cruise & it gives me an opportunity to have something different each trip.

Richard gripes the same way about "repeat" cruises on the Eclipse. I simply say: "Would you rather enjoy a nice familiar beach with a great lunch? Or would you rather be cleaning 2-3ft of snow off the walkway?(We ALL know I'm the one who ends up cleaning off the snow!)

We did the exact same thing this past January. We met the new room steward the night before and told him what was happening in the morning. He said he would do our new room first. Around 830 am our new room was ready and we moved our things down. We wanted to get off the ship early so we chose to do it ourselves. Since it was same deck and things were packed it took us 2 trips. We left all clothes on hangers. We took empty hangers from new cabin back to old cabin.

We then checked off ship with old card and went shopping.

Upon returning we went thru crew door and reboarded with new cruise card. This allows you to skip all lines.

You do not have to attend the muster drill 2nd time around. A bunch of us doing b2b went to aft bar prior to drill got a drink and enjoyed the view. You only have to do a muster drill once every 30 days.

Everything is so seamless

Enjoy your cruises

Would you rather enjoy a nice familiar beach with a great lunch?

(In Florida) I vote for a beach on the turnaround day.

Leave the ship early as possible, walk down to 17th St and take a bus to the beach for the morning returning afternoon some time.

The major crowd is gone by that time & you've avoided all the hassle of going through imaginations with the crowd.

I can't stand waiting for the stragglers for a hour sitting in the Show lounge.

We just put the drawer stuff back in suitcases and room steward moved them and hanging items for us. They know who is staying on and switching. Clean those staterooms first! For us it was easy. We also stayed on same deck different section.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums