Next Cruise reduced deposits gone after August 1st

Really disappointed with the changes to the Royal Caribbean Next Cruise future cruise programme as from August 2017.

Without the reduced deposits I don't see any advantage to using it anymore.

We have used it 5 times before as it was a good deal and encouraged us to travel with the RCL line. No incentive to show loyalty to them now - the extra credit is too small too.

We have stopped using Next Cruise now.No incentive.

They have also introduced two tier pricing.

Strange you can now have up to $600 on board credit or your cruise fare reduced by $600.

Nobody has thought this through. Just silly and stupid.

Really disappointed with the changes to the Royal Caribbean Next Cruise future cruise programme as from August 2017.

Without the reduced deposits I don't see any advantage to using it anymore.

We have used it 5 times before as it was a good deal and encouraged us to travel with the RCL line. No incentive to show loyalty to them now - the extra credit is too small too.

We have not booked on board since they made the changes.

We have not booked on board since they made the changes.
Next Cruise is extremely slow on Serenade this week. Every time I walk by.....no one there.

They got the Next Cruise staff walking around handing out flyers and the activities staff ends every trivia and game show with "save up to $600 booking your next cruise on board". Next Cruise even set up a table in front of the Windjammer yesterday.

Not sure what others are seeing.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Next Cruise is extremely slow on Serenade this week. Every time I walk by.....no one there.

They got the Next Cruise staff walking around handing out flyers and the activities staff ends every trivia and game show with "save up to $600 booking your next cruise on board". Next Cruise even set up a table in front of the Windjammer yesterday.

Not sure what others are seeing.....

Varied on the Jewel TA. Sometimes I saw a guest at every desk, sometimes no guests at all.

The Next Cruise area had three desks manned during peak traffic times on Indy last week. There were people at the desks when we walked by but no one waiting and an empty appointment book. I would have to agree with John - I suspect many were first time cruisers. The previous weekend on MJ, the desks and appointment book at Next Cruise were empty.

We have not booked onboard since the changes.

The Next Cruise area had three desks manned during peak traffic times on Indy last week. There were people at the desks when we walked by but no one waiting and an empty appointment book. I would have to agree with John - I suspect many were first time cruisers. The previous weekend on MJ, the desks and appointment book at Next Cruise were empty.

We have not booked onboard since the changes.

I noticed the empty book as well. I meant to stop by and asked if bookings had slowed down since the changes but I never did. We have not booked on board since and so far have no plans to do so

We have not booked onboard since the changes in July. We will be onboard while this new round of bookings open. However, we have told TA that due to the reduced benefits we will not be booking while onboard. We have told her what we are looking for and advised her that if it is available to bool it. We won't be spending our vacation time at the Next Cruise desk. I feel sorry the next cruise consultants because I am sure this is reducing their commissions.

I stopped using next cruise in November 2014 when the price I was billed was $1,000 higher than the current price on the website, and $1,000 higher than it was when I had it rebooked by my TA after the cruise was over.

I guess I just don't have as much money as I thought? If you are going to book a cruise anyway, why wouldn't you book onboard? Seems silly to me to throw away $200 OBC just to protest reduced deposits.

I would be more likely to book onboard if I happened to be onboard when new cruises were being released. Plus the OBC has been reduced for those bookings that have refundable deposits.

I would be more likely to book onboard if I happened to be onboard when new cruises were being released. Plus the OBC has been reduced for those bookings that have refundable deposits.

With the new release schedule, we'll be onboard when they release Europe. Didn't plan on that, obviously.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I guess I just don't have as much money as I thought? If you are going to book a cruise anyway, why wouldn't you book onboard? Seems silly to me to throw away $200 OBC just to protest reduced deposits.
Because most likely if you watch you can find a better deal. Furthermore if there is any kind of price reduction you will loose you're OBC.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Because most likely if you watch you can find a better deal. Furthermore if there is any kind of price reduction you will loose you're OBC.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

You don't lose your NextCruise OBC if there is a price reduction due to a 'sale'. (there is always some kind of fake sale going on)

I am curious as to where you are going to find a better deal? Despite what has been posted here, we have always got the online price for that cabin type/category. If that's what you are looking for you must tell them you want the cheapest available category in the type of cabin booked; balcony, OV, suite, etc... Otherwise they will offer the most expensive balcony first.

They have started aggressively pushing pre-paid gratuities. They have gone so far as adding them automatically.

In October we booked our 2019 Hawaii cruise and got the exact online price, and $300 NextCruise OBC, and our D+ CAS discount. It was instantly transferred to our TA, and we got an additional benefit of $525.

They will start enforcing the $100pp penalty, but that is the case no matter where you booked the cruise. So I'm not so sure price reductions will be worth the penalty. I'm not seeing the downside here, but to each their own.

You don't lose your NextCruise OBC if there is a price reduction due to a 'sale'. (there is always some kind of fake sale going on)

I am curious as to where you are going to find a better deal? Despite what has been posted here, we have always got the online price for that cabin type/category. If that's what you are looking for you must tell them you want the cheapest available category in the type of cabin booked; balcony, OV, suite, etc... Otherwise they will offer the most expensive balcony first.

They have started aggressively pushing pre-paid gratuities. They have gone so far as adding them automatically.

In October we booked our 2019 Hawaii cruise and got the exact online price, and $300 NextCruise OBC, and our D+ CAS discount. It was instantly transferred to our TA, and we got an additional benefit of $525.

They will start enforcing the $100pp penalty, but that is the case no matter where you booked the cruise. So I'm not so sure price reductions will be worth the penalty. I'm not seeing the downside here, but to each their own.

The downside is you have limited options to change your booking if the price drops dramatically.

If they struggle to sell cabins they start to reduce bottom line fares in different. Markets.

The OBC is just a early commitment incentive.

The key is keeping the booking totally flexible to benefit from market changes.

If they have you locked in you have no flexibility

It is not to protest reduced deposits....although that is a thought!😀 For us it would only be $75 OBC since we typically don't book full suites at time of original booking and will always book the new refundable deposit. The incentive for us previously was primarily the reduced deposit with the OBC as a bonus. While I will take $75 anytime....that alone is not worth spending time at the Next Cruise desk while I am on vacation!

The downside is you have limited options to change your booking if the price drops dramatically.

If they struggle to sell cabins they start to reduce bottom line fares in different. Markets.

The OBC is just a early commitment incentive.

The key is keeping the booking totally flexible to benefit from market changes.

If they have you locked in you have no flexibility

I doesn't matter where you book, your options are the same. In the past we have always kept NextCruise OBC when we got price reductions or even an upgrade to a JS. I call my TA and tell them to make sure I don't lose my NextCruise OBC or my CAS discount. It's never been the case. We have got price reductions and paid upgrades on multiple occasions.

Even if you lose your OBC, it's free money that you would never have gotten. I'm really not too concerned about losing something that's free on the small chance I'll lose it.

Non-refundable deposits lock you in, not NextCruise OBC.

Please show me where it says you are locked in by NextCruise OBC?

From RCI's booking website. Not NextCruise.

"Price is per person, in USD, cruise only, applies to select sailings, based on double-occupancy, and reflects any promotional savings. Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee ("FCC"). FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. $100 per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date. Deposits made toward Guarantees and Grand Suites and higher categories are non-refundable and are subject to NRD Booking Terms. "

BTW the service fee is exactly the same for NextCruise. http://www.royalonboardsales.com/

It's not to protest reduced deposits, the last next program was you get $100 obc instantly if you book a cruise and the booked cruise was $100 deposit per cabin, so that comes down paying nothing out of pocket to book a cruise. I always book 2 cabin so paying zero up front for 2 cabins was awesome. Now I have to pay $1000 in deposits, especially during a vacation, i don't have an extra $1000 to put down on another cruise.

And oh by the way, Celebrity is having their cyber Monday sale, $25 per person deposit for any length cruise (minus suites), so you can book a cruise 1.5 years out for $50. I booked 2 :) Yes a 10 day cruise will cost you $50 right now instead of $900 or in my case $100 instead of $1800

Just feel there is no real benefit from booking on board now.

No more reduced deposits,no real point.

Take time and look at all deals and Cruise companies from home.

RCI have shot themselves in the foot.

Will change again soon, when sales rate drops

I'm not trying to be rude but if you think losing $200 OBC on the average 7-day balcony cruse is not that big of a deal, please put me in your will.

I'm not trying to be rude but if you think losing $200 OBC on the average 7-day balcony cruse is not that big of a deal, please put me in your will.

Please...where are you seeing $200 for a balcony on a 7 day? I am seeing $75 for balcony or JS on 7 day (refundable.....which is all I care about.)

The way I am reading the chart it takes 10 or more nights NON-refundable to get $200 in a balcony/JS.

I don't see where you get $ 200 7 Day Balcony OBC on Next Cruise, must be another company.

The deal for me on NEXT CRUISE just is not worth it. Many agents on land have negotiated better rates and cabins when Royal need to sell them.

The big attaction was LOW Deposit. Most OBC is $50 for an Inside Cabin. Just NO DEAL I am afraid