Salerno port in Italy. Safe to take private full day tours not with Princess?

Moxiefurball

Posted Today, 06:06 PM

We are on the Crown princess Mediterranean cruise next June. we stop in Salerno.

Viator has some great tours from Salerno port that go to positiono, almafi and ravello . The tour

Small-Group Amalfi Coast Day-Trip from Salerno Including Lunch - is 8 hrs and leaves from port at 8 am. So 8 hrs should get us back to ship by 4.. well before the 7 pm when ship leaves port. After an experience on celebrity tour where our bus broke down and ship had to wait for us , I'm hesitant to book tours off ship. But Princess excursions from Salerno do not stop in Positsno. Has anyone taken full day tours in Salerno not with ship.

Princess tries to scare people into not using private tour companies, but using reputable tour companies will save you money and are perfectly safe. If they weren't, they'd be quickly out if business. They've been doing tours for cruise passengers for years and know how to get people back to the ship on time.

We were on a different cruiseline in Salerno, but we only booked private tours! We used Sorento First Choice tours and the eight of us met our driver at 8 and were among the first to leave. We beat all the cruise ship busses, and we went to Positano Ravello and Amalfi, spending a lot of time at each location, something we wouldn't have been able to do if on a larger bus, and also we got into the places that larger vehicles simple just cannot get into. It was a spectacular day!

We were on a different cruiseline in Salerno, but we only booked private tours! We used Sorento First Choice tours and the eight of us met our driver at 8 and were among the first to leave. We beat all the cruise ship busses, and we went to Positano Ravello and Amalfi, spending a lot of time at each location, something we wouldn't have been able to do if on a larger bus, and also we got into the places that larger vehicles simple just cannot get into. It was a spectacular day!

Thank you. The more answers and research , I'm beginning to see if I want to see Positsno I've will need an independent tour off ship . The ship is in Salerno until 7 pm, so I'm sure the independents are fully aware. Also, Positsno ravello and amalfi seem to be within a 40 miles radius from Salerno .

You can take a ferry that leaves from Molo Manfredi ferry terminal, which is adjacent to the cruise port, directly to Positano in 1.25 hours. It's a beautiful ride for about 12 euro. On the way back, you can take the ferry from Positano to Amalfi, from which you can catch a bus or taxi to Ravello. Very pleasant way to spend the day.

Princess tries to scare people into not using private tour companies, but using reputable tour companies will save you money and are perfectly safe. If they weren't, they'd be quickly out if business. They've been doing tours for cruise passengers for years and know how to get people back to the ship on time.

All the cruise lines try to scare people into taking their more expensive tours.

Deal with reputable private tour company and make sure you are scheduled to be back well before sail time just in case of any delay

Thank you. The more answers and research , I'm beginning to see if I want to see Positsno I've will need an independent tour off ship . The ship is in Salerno until 7 pm, so I'm sure the independents are fully aware. Also, Positsno ravello and amalfi seem to be within a 40 miles radius from Salerno .

The three places are very doable. We departed at 8 am and were back at the port by 4:30, with a sail time of 6:30.

The best part was we went to Positano first, beating all the crowds. We left by 10:00 am and then went to Ravello, spending an hour and a half there, then ended our day in Amalfi, eating lunch, shopping for 2 or 3 hours. Best part about the private tour, we could amend our schedule to suit OUR needs. Originally we had a different plan, which included lunch in Positano, but we modified it due to different factors.

Our driver gave us the choice between going to two places or three. We chose to see all three and would do it all over again.