bringing wine onboard?

lefy

Sorry, I meant to make this a separate post but ended up putting it here by mistake so this will be my second question.

This is going to be our first Celebrity cruise & we booked a concierge class cabin on the Equinox. It looks the same as a standard balcony cabin so I was wondering if there are any perks that make it any better.

Regarding the wine, just make it the 2 750ml bottles. That way, no agent can take it upon himself to have to make a decision that possibly could upset you on the first day of vacation.

As the cabin goes - Concierge Class gives you a presumed better location of the cabin, a bottle of sparkling wine you may have to ask for, afternoon canape tray that is worthless (yes, you may ask for shrimp cocktail), an embarkcation lunch in the main dining room (nice), and extra points toward your next Captain Club level. On M Class ships, CC is slightly larger by about 20 square feet. S Class, size is the same.

Bring the two smaller bottles and avoid potential problems as mentioned.

Concierge has some nice perks but for us, price will dictate. The nice perks are the better location, sparkling wine, and afternoon canapes. If the price is similar, opt for Aqua as sometimes Aqua could be less.

For the two bottles of wine that may be brought aboard, remember the $25 corkage fee.

You may drink the wine in your cabin - only with both feet on the floor - not sitting on the bed or on the balcony and the corkage fee will be waived. This will be verified by the continuing monitoring of the cabin's closed circuit cameras.

On my first Celebrity cruise I took one 1.5 L wine and had it in my luggage. Got called to the naughty room to retrieve my belongings and they opened the suitcase while I watched . This took time from my precious first day .and I had to drag my bag to my cabin on my own instead of it being delivered to my door.... oh I kept my bottle

we are cruising back to back-can we take 2 each since we are taking 2 diff cruises technically??

Marsha

Technically you are supposed to bring them on the embarking day as they are 2 totally separate cruises. Are you on shore where you can buy some for the second leg?

In the past if you brought liquor on mid cruise from a port then it is returned to you the last night and then you would have it for the second cruise,. I did hear that they were no longer returning liquor for B2B cruiser until the end of the second leg.. but lots of rumours float

we are cruising back to back-can we take 2 each since we are taking 2 diff cruises technically??

Marsha

We have brought four bottles of wine onboard on the first leg of our B2B cruises. For a back up I print the Express pass for the second leg just in case if someone was to asked about two extra bottles of wine. We have never been questioned about the additional bottles of wine.