Xmas Decorations on QM2

OceanMonarch

I think there will probably be some decorations up on the 8th and they will add to them during the cruise. We went on December 4th last year and there were some stunning decorations by the time we were half way through.

I've boarded QM2 in Southampton on December 15th on a couple of occasions for the WB crossing (straight after your EB one); there are always plenty of Christmas decorations already up when I board, and they are added to during the voyage.

Have a great crossing, Bon Voyage!

Edited by pepperrn

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I too have sailed WB on Dec 15th and the ship was beautifully decorated. I was so impressed and glowing in my comments that my mother and my sister also wish to sail in December. Since they sailed EB last year (in August) we thought it would be so exciting to depart from New York this time (even though it will be cold).

I am hoping to take my elderly mother on a pre-Christmas TA. Does anyone know if the ship is generally decorated for Christmas on the Dec 8th sailing.:)

We noticed the décor usually started right after Thanksgiving. If some like to wander the ship late, you can see the "Elves" on their decorating duties. Quite a bit of fun!

Sounds as though we may be in luck in that some of the decorations will be up. I really hope that the large Christmas tree in the lobby is there.

My husband and I enjoyed watching the Christmas Tree in the Grand Lobby being decorated last December towards the end of the QM2 Caribbean cruise. Quite a task - it was fun to sit off to the side and watch and listen.

Merry Christmas (albeit a bit early) :)

Cheers,

Salacia