bermuda cruises

BubbaLuvin

Yes, you could go to the beach every day of your stay. The only costs would be for transportation and food. You do not need an excursion for just about any activity you could do in Bermuda. But why, you would be missing the beauty that is Bermuda.

SBtS

Edited by SailBadtheSinner
speling

Yes, you could go to the beach every day of your stay. The only costs would be for transportation and food. You do not need an excursion for just about any activity you could do in Bermuda. But why, you would be missing the beauty that is Bermuda.

SBtS

I didn't research any further about bermuda only about their beaches and I didn't see any that seemed worth it. But I am now curious as to what I should do if I chose this cruise because I looked at all the excursions and not one appeals to me.

I didn't research any further about bermuda only about their beaches and I didn't see any that seemed worth it. But I am now curious as to what I should do if I chose this cruise because I looked at all the excursions and not one appeals to me.

There is a 'to do' list here. Here's something that may interest you, cliff jumping/diving at Admiralty House Park; YouTube

. Don't know if you would be interested, but a water park has recently opened a short ride from where you'll be docked.

SBtS

It's easy to take public transportation in Bermuda I.e. the bus or ferry. We rarely take excursions, but we did enjoy a catamaran snorkeling trip one time and loved a kayak trip another time. We mostly go to the beach. We have been to Horseshoe Bay many times and appreciate it's beauty. We love the calm waters of the much smaller Tobacco Bay to relax and that is our go to beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a few other beaches you can go to while you're in Bermuda. Lots of people like to go over to St. George and walk to Fort St. Catherine, tour the Fort and then enjoy the white sand beach there. Very gentle waves and very clean. Not much else there. Other people go to Tobacco Bay, there's more amenities there. You can go to lie in front of the Elbow Beach Hotel and if you give the beach attendant a very nice tip (10-20) and hide your ship towel you're OK there (he'll give you a hotel one). They have a nice beachfront restaurant there. There used to be a U.S. Air Force base that they've turned into a nature reserve. You should do some research on that.

I agree that Horsehoe Bay is really one of the top 10 beaches in the world. Beautiful pick sand.There are also some small hidden coves that you can get to from there for some privacy.

Other things to do: Some people like to to go up Gibb's Hill Lighthouse. Some like to go to the Swizzle Inn for a rum swizzle, a famous Bermuda drink. Some people like to take the hovercraft ferry over to Hamilton and walk around. There is a store called The Island Shop that has Bermuda related goods. They have prints of Bermuda from a local artist named Carol Holding which are very nice. We have a few of those and have remaned our guest room the Bermuda Room. There is also a botanical garden over there. Others like to walk under a Bermuda Moongate arch and get a picture. (for true love. Some people like to go to the steeple in the church in downtown Hamilton. Other people rent mopeds and ride around. Unfortunately they ruin their vacations because they're not used to the "keep to the left" traffic pattern, especially in roundabouts.

Some people take a tour of the limestone caves. Some people like to watch the sailboats on the sound near Hamilton. Beautiful.

I went on a nice excursion one time where we went to the Southhampton Princess for a dinner and show. That was good fun.

One of things DW and I like to do is get a bus pass and ride some of the public buses. You get to see some of the local kids in their school uniforms, it;s all quite civilized.

Of course if you're a golfer Bermuda is heaven on earth.

So yes there's a lot of beautiful beach front and other nice things to do.

Please make an effort to maximize your enjoyment of this beautiful place.

The unofficial national song is called "Bermuda is another world".

Here's the link. to a yoUTube you may find helpful:

This one too:

enjoy your cruising days.

Edited by NordicPrince
add links

Without a doubt, Bermuda is my favorite island to cruise to. The thrill of being able to explore the island during your 2 or 3 day visit is such a wonderful change from the one day island stops, where you are always concerned with being back to the ship on time. That being said, 3 days is still never enough time and it is always sad to sail away from her. We have been going to Bermuda almost annually for the past 6 or 7 years now (since I turned 40) and always can't wait to return. the people are gracious and polite, and always willing to assist us cruisers. I can honestly say that we have never had an uncomfortable encounter during any of our visits to the island.

With regards to things to see or do, there is the beautiful downtowns of both Hamilton and St. Georges, the Gibb's Lighthouse, the Crystal Caves and so much more. I know not everyone agrees, but we always rent a scooter from Oleanders at the dockyard and we always find new and interesting places to visit when we wander the island. Lunch at the Swizzell Inn is always on our must do list (one day at the East end site and the other day at the West end site) I must say though, that my husband is an experienced rider and for some, the traffic conditions (not so much fast, but heavy at times) along with driving on the opposite side of the road, can be cause for concern if you are not all that comfortable with being on a bike. Don't worry about getting lost, I don't think you could if you tried and the map provided by the rental shop is more than enough. The Flats where the aquarium is located is also another annual stop for us, just to take in the scenery (which is never ending in Bermuda).

I you go, please don't confine yourself to the beaches as there is so much that you would be missing.

Been to beaches in dozens of countries on 6 continents. Bermuda's are among the best.

But..;.

If you can't find any beach you like--without ever seeing them--I would recommend not wasting your time going to Bermuda.

We did Bermuda on Holland, so we docked right in Hmailton, so it was walk off and you are right in the middle of everything!

As has been mentioned, public transportation is excellent. The busses are clean, prompt and quite affordable. You can take them anywhere you want to go.

Horseshoe Beach is beautiful, but don't forget to go to that sea glass beach for some scavenger hunting!! Lots to do other than beaches, so don't limit yourself.

It's a beautiful island and worth seeing!

I'd love to visit, but didn't know if it was a great beach or not. What else did you do while there?

We sailed to Bermuda 3 times, the 1st 2 on Zenith that docked right in Hamilton and St. Georges, the 3rd time on Summit? (after Celebrity sold Zenith) that docked in the Royal Dock Yards. I have to admit, we did not care for the Dock Yards but it was a repositioning cruise so we were not there that long.

Besides Horseshoe Bay, we walked to a small beach near St. Georges, up a very long hill, that had good snorkeling right from the beach. We did a helmet dive, a few sailing trips, snorkeling trips and general touring in Hamilton & St. Georges. Our 1st cruise there was in 1997 and the 2nd about 5 years later so the memory is fading. :confused:

Oh yes, we had lunch at several pubs while there.

A little confused as to what you want to do at the beach. Bermuda has some of the best beaches in the world, not my opinion but most travel organizations.

The beach is my favorite thing to do. I would sit on the beach all day.

It's easy to take public transportation in Bermuda I.e. the bus or ferry. We rarely take excursions, but we did enjoy a catamaran snorkeling trip one time and loved a kayak trip another time. We mostly go to the beach. We have been to Horseshoe Bay many times and appreciate it's beauty. We love the calm waters of the much smaller Tobacco Bay to relax and that is our go to beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is great info. TY!

There's a few other beaches you can go to while you're in Bermuda. Lots of people like to go over to St. George and walk to Fort St. Catherine, tour the Fort and then enjoy the white sand beach there. Very gentle waves and very clean. Not much else there. Other people go to Tobacco Bay, there's more amenities there. You can go to lie in front of the Elbow Beach Hotel and if you give the beach attendant a very nice tip (10-20) and hide your ship towel you're OK there (he'll give you a hotel one). They have a nice beachfront restaurant there. There used to be a U.S. Air Force base that they've turned into a nature reserve. You should do some research on that.

I agree that Horsehoe Bay is really one of the top 10 beaches in the world. Beautiful pick sand.There are also some small hidden coves that you can get to from there for some privacy.

Other things to do: Some people like to to go up Gibb's Hill Lighthouse. Some like to go to the Swizzle Inn for a rum swizzle, a famous Bermuda drink. Some people like to take the hovercraft ferry over to Hamilton and walk around. There is a store called The Island Shop that has Bermuda related goods. They have prints of Bermuda from a local artist named Carol Holding which are very nice. We have a few of those and have remaned our guest room the Bermuda Room. There is also a botanical garden over there. Others like to walk under a Bermuda Moongate arch and get a picture. (for true love. Some people like to go to the steeple in the church in downtown Hamilton. Other people rent mopeds and ride around. Unfortunately they ruin their vacations because they're not used to the "keep to the left" traffic pattern, especially in roundabouts.

Some people take a tour of the limestone caves. Some people like to watch the sailboats on the sound near Hamilton. Beautiful.

I went on a nice excursion one time where we went to the Southhampton Princess for a dinner and show. That was good fun.

One of things DW and I like to do is get a bus pass and ride some of the public buses. You get to see some of the local kids in their school uniforms, it;s all quite civilized.

Of course if you're a golfer Bermuda is heaven on earth.

So yes there's a lot of beautiful beach front and other nice things to do.

Please make an effort to maximize your enjoyment of this beautiful place.

The unofficial national song is called "Bermuda is another world".

Here's the link. to a yoUTube you may find helpful:

This one too:

enjoy your cruising days.

Oh wow. Your post is awesome. Great info!

The beach is my favorite thing to do. I would sit on the beach all day.

Best thing to do is get a three day bus pass and go to a different beach each day although the last day I would get something closer to the port as transport can be crazy that day.

Without a doubt, Bermuda is my favorite island to cruise to. The thrill of being able to explore the island during your 2 or 3 day visit is such a wonderful change from the one day island stops, where you are always concerned with being back to the ship on time. That being said, 3 days is still never enough time and it is always sad to sail away from her. We have been going to Bermuda almost annually for the past 6 or 7 years now (since I turned 40) and always can't wait to return. the people are gracious and polite, and always willing to assist us cruisers. I can honestly say that we have never had an uncomfortable encounter during any of our visits to the island.

With regards to things to see or do, there is the beautiful downtowns of both Hamilton and St. Georges, the Gibb's Lighthouse, the Crystal Caves and so much more. I know not everyone agrees, but we always rent a scooter from Oleanders at the dockyard and we always find new and interesting places to visit when we wander the island. Lunch at the Swizzell Inn is always on our must do list (one day at the East end site and the other day at the West end site) I must say though, that my husband is an experienced rider and for some, the traffic conditions (not so much fast, but heavy at times) along with driving on the opposite side of the road, can be cause for concern if you are not all that comfortable with being on a bike. Don't worry about getting lost, I don't think you could if you tried and the map provided by the rental shop is more than enough. The Flats where the aquarium is located is also another annual stop for us, just to take in the scenery (which is never ending in Bermuda).

I you go, please don't confine yourself to the beaches as there is so much that you would be missing.

Great info. I think I wanted to just do the beaches because when I look at the excursions they don't seem appealing. Also my husband does not think he'd like a cruise, but if it stopped at one island maybe. We have done a lot of all inclusives and thats what we like, and we stay on the beach for about 12 hours a day! I thought maybe if we just went to one island and hung out on the beach he may be interested. Your information is helpful. TY