Earliest Houston Flight Time after Galveston Arrival

Is anyone aware of the earliest flight time out of Houston recommended after arriving on a Royal Caribbean Galveston cruise? Would a noon flight work?

Also, does the CBP offer either Mobile Passport or Global Entry at Galveston?

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I imagine this depends on which airport you will be flying out of and what time of year. My personal experience is that we made a 4:00 PM flight out of IAH with only 5 minutes to spare in Feb 2017. This is because fog delayed the ship entering port and we were not allowed off of the ship until 1:00 PM. We were the lucky ones. Most of the people we met on the ship had to rebook their missed flights. Also keep in mind the amount of time it will take to clear customs. We had very long lines.

In April of this year we had a flight scheduled at 2:20 because I didn't want to stress. This was out of Hobby which is much closer than IAH. We were delayed because of high winds and barely made it to the gate at 1:59 and that was with no lines at check in for bags. We also have TSA pre check.

We always hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Had we not made it, we were prepared to spend the night in Houston near the airport and catch a flight the next day. Inconvenient, but not a crisis.

In January, February & March i would book later flights due to possibility of fog, but didn't think I would have to worry about it in April.

This past July we had a 2:15 flight out of Bush but also had rented a car so could get off and go quickly. We were over to our airline terminal with 2 hours to spare and grabbed a little breakfast.

What time did you get off the ship?

If you are going out of IAH (Bush Intercontinental), then I would aim for mid to late afternoon. You are, from the cruise port, about 70 miles south of the airport. Then you have to figure in extra time because SOMEWHERE in Houston, there's a freeway shutdown/delays due to construction. (Trust me... on the weekend it's a PITA when they do this - Guess where I live :) )