What to do with Luggage in Seattle waiting for flight

dvond

It looks like they will take the checked bags for free to airport but wondering what people do with their checked luggage when spending the day in Seattle as we dont fly until 4 .

Also trying to plan Seattle Day, looks like Needle and Seattle Center and a nice lunch by the market

Princess offers EZcheck allowing you to have your luggage taken from outside your cabin to the airport, to your home airport. It is not available at all airports or all with all airlines. Check with the passenger service desk

It looks like they will take the checked bags for free to airport but wondering what people do with their checked luggage when spending the day in Seattle as we dont fly until 4 .

Also trying to plan Seattle Day, looks like Needle and Seattle Center and a nice lunch by the market

Why not take a post cruise tour from Princess?

We did it and went to the Space Needle and Pike Market etc.

The luggage was under the bus and stayed there until they dropped us off at Sea-Tac about 1:00.

The luggage was under the bus and stayed there until they dropped us off at Sea-Tac about 1:00.

Thank you, we did look at them but honestly for a family of 5 the tours were pretty overpriced and our flight is not until 4:30

Thank you, we did look at them but honestly for a family of 5 the tours were pretty overpriced and our flight is not until 4:30

Did you see them available in your Princess booking?

Usually they are not offered pre cruise but onboard only.

How much were they?

Did you see them available in your Princess booking?

Usually they are not offered pre cruise but onboard only.

How much were they?

$85 a person for only 4 hours. Just Needle and Fish Market, Kids want to do science museum or Pop one

Looks like the Port will hold bags so guess we will Uber around town and then pick them back up on way to airport, was curious what other do

depending on which airline you're flying on, you may be able to check luggage early, especially if you use a porter. check with the airline to verify, but I have tipped porters and they have kept my bags for 12 hours before. also check with the airport, many times they have a baggage storage area (for a fee) that is secured.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

depending on which airline you're flying on, you may be able to check luggage early, especially if you use a porter. check with the airline to verify, but I have tipped porters and they have kept my bags for 12 hours before. also check with the airport, many times they have a baggage storage area (for a fee) that is secured.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

thank you

If you are referring to the Port Valet program, the bags are taken to the airport, turned in to the appropriate airline where they will go on your flight. You will pick up your bags at your destination airport. Works just like the Princess EZ-Check program.

Tom

We've rented a car for the day several times when we had a later flight. Keep your own bags in the car/van go where you want and drop it off at the airport. Even with a dropoff fee it should be under $100 for the day, I've done it for less. Some places car rental folks run shuttles from the port.

framer

We've rented a car for the day several times when we had a later flight. Keep your own bags in the car/van go where you want and drop it off at the airport. Even with a dropoff fee it should be under $100 for the day, I've done it for less. Some places car rental folks run shuttles from the port.

framer

thank you

I just got off Emerald Princess a few weeks ago. We used port valet program. Our bags were taken from cabin to airport. We had a 10:50pm flight. We spent day in Seattle. Went to Chillully gardens and imax movie. We did Museum of Pop and Space needle before cruise. If you use port valet you don't have to worry about bags; you will pick them up at your home airport.

If you are referring to the Port Valet program, the bags are taken to the airport, turned in to the appropriate airline where they will go on your flight. You will pick up your bags at your destination airport. Works just like the Princess EZ-Check program.

Tom

If that program is available in Seattle that's the best way to go. We've used it several times, and it's a great program.

We took a tour like this last year because it took passengers to the airport and also took us to our post cruise hotel. The guide didn't watch the time too carefully, and it much later than the tour's stated time. Passengers who were going to the airport were very upset, and some had less that 45 minutes to get through security and to their gates at a busy time of the day. No one on the tour got back to the bus late so that wasn't the reason the tour ran late.

If that program is available in Seattle that's the best way to go. We've used it several times, and it's a great program.

Port Valet is paid for by the Port of Seattle and is available only at Seattle for this year. But it is basically identical to Princess' EZ-Chek program which is available at other locations.

Tom

I just got off Emerald Princess a few weeks ago. We used port valet program. Our bags were taken from cabin to airport. We had a 10:50pm flight. We spent day in Seattle. Went to Chillully gardens and imax movie. We did Museum of Pop and Space needle before cruise. If you use port valet you don't have to worry about bags; you will pick them up at your home airport.

We are looking at Needle and Museum of pop as well then lunch before going to airport, our issue is our carry on's and what to do with them during our travels. No rentals available

We are looking at Needle and Museum of pop as well then lunch before going to airport, our issue is our carry on's and what to do with them during our travels. No rentals available

We had backpacks. So maybe you could take backpacks. Most of the museums have a locker or coat check room to store stuff. Space Needle, Museum Pop Culture, Chihully Gardens, Imax, are all located next to each other. There is a food court there with lots of choices. We put our backpacks in coat room and they gave us a ticket. We left them there until we were done for the day. No problems

We had backpacks. So maybe you could take backpacks. Most of the museums have a locker or coat check room to store stuff. Space Needle, Museum Pop Culture, Chihully Gardens, Imax, are all located next to each other. There is a food court there with lots of choices. We put our backpacks in coat room and they gave us a ticket. We left them there until we were done for the day. No problems

Thank you that is helpful, unfortunately we have a couple of roll on's but I will look into coat room, I cannot be only person that has this issue

Port Valet is paid for by the Port of Seattle and is available only at Seattle for this year. But it is basically identical to Princess' EZ-Chek program which is available at other locations.

Tom

Thanks for this info Tom. I didn't know that. We have a late flight on an upcoming cruise and I will check to see if EZ- Check option