Princess tours question

augies

Are we required to pay for princess tours in advance now? We have always booked our port tours on the princess website and the related charges would be added to our shipboard account. I was booking some tours for our 2018 Caribbean cruise and the website states no reservations will be made until payment is received. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

You are not doing anything wrong. This started appearing in March for cruises this fall and later, depending on ship and itinerary. This will be the norm from now on. The good news is you can pay for these with OBC if it is listed in your account. Otherwise use a credit card, and yes, it is refundable if you cancel the tour.

Thanks. I had no idea. Our last cruise was less than a year ago to the British isles and we didn't pay for tours in advance then.

Since this next trip is to the Caribbean, maybe it's better to wait and book a tour or two with a local company when we get there.

Be sure to check out your roll call thread to see if others are arranging some private tours. Also check out the ports of call boards for each port to get recommendations of what to do. We've enjoyed some of the island tours with buses picked up right outside the gates of the ports. One that comes to mind was our tour of Bonaire, which was $50 less per person than similar tours booked through Princess.

Be sure to check out your roll call thread to see if others are arranging some private tours. Also check out the ports of call boards for each port to get recommendations of what to do. We've enjoyed some of the island tours with buses picked up right outside the gates of the ports. One that comes to mind was our tour of Bonaire, which was $50 less per person than similar tours booked through Princess.

Will do. Thanks.

Thanks. I had no idea. Our last cruise was less than a year ago to the British isles and we didn't pay for tours in advance then.

Since this next trip is to the Caribbean, maybe it's better to wait and book a tour or two with a local company when we get there.

I would suggest looking on the ports of call board and booking in advance. IMHO the best operators are not waiting for people at the gates looking for work; parties have already reserved them. Most don't require any kind or just a small deposit that is refundable if your ship does not make port and they prefer cash payment after the excursion.