Swag from "Behind the Fun" Tour-Photo?

lasekeye

The "schwag" will vary depending on whether your ship/itinerary has the shorter tour ($55) or longer tour ($95).

I think at a minimum you get a commemorative BtF lanyard and a Carnival "honorary team member" cap, plus a group photo with the Captain on the bridge. You also get a BtF card with some specific ship info and, as I recall, the recipe for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. :)

The longer tour also includes an individual photo with the Captain on the bridge and typically another group photo, often on the bow by the ship's bell. You get a carved soap thing (I forget what critter it is :) ) and a stuff-sack (small backpack).

I think that's it. Anyone done the tour recently and can add to this?

I recommend the BtF tour highly. I have yet to take a Carnival cruise and not do the tour. I've learned at least something new each time, and some of them have been really excellent.

The "schwag" will vary depending on whether your ship/itinerary has the shorter tour ($55) or longer tour ($95).

I think at a minimum you get a commemorative BtF lanyard and a Carnival "honorary team member" cap, plus a group photo with the Captain on the bridge. You also get a BtF card with some specific ship info and, as I recall, the recipe for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. :)

The longer tour also includes an individual photo with the Captain on the bridge and typically another group photo, often on the bow by the ship's bell. You get a carved soap thing (I forget what critter it is :) ) and a stuff-sack (small backpack).

I recommend the BtF tour highly. I have yet to take a Carnival cruise and not do the tour. I've learned at least something new each time, and some of them have been really excellent.

As I recall, I think you got most of it from the longer ($95) tour. We did also get at least one (maybe two) group photos in the galley with one of the chefs as well as some juice and (IIRC) champagne at the end of the tour in the steak house.

In February, on the Freedom we got the lanyard, cap, group picture on the bridge with the captain, plus a picture of the group on the bow of the ship and a backpack. It was fun and well worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correct for the smaller ship tour for schwag. Did it on the Fascination. To me, worth every penny, I really enjoyed the tour. Plan on doing the tour on one of the larger ships as well.

How much do these tours cost?

Unless it's changed recently, as mentioned post #3 above, it's either $55/person or $95/person depending on the ship.

Edit: I finally found the page on Carnival's web site for the tour: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1386

If you get a "bad request" error message on this link while using Chrome, try I.E. instead.

Edit: I finally found the page on Carnival's web site for the tour: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1386

If you get a "bad request" error message on this link while using Chrome, try I.E. instead.

"What we've got here is... failure to communicate."

Yep, and it's Carnival's failure. They don't make it easy to find details about the tour on their site, and I got that Chrome error message. :rolleyes:

As I recall, I think you got most of it from the longer ($95) tour. We did also get at least one (maybe two) group photos in the galley with one of the chefs as well as some juice and (IIRC) champagne at the end of the tour in the steak house.

Forgot about the beverages at the end in the steakhouse.

I've never had a group photo taken in the galley....I wonder if this is done on bad-weather days (when a pic on the bow might be...wet) or on certain ships?

Ahhh, Carnival, consistency is not your middle name. :)

I love the behind the fun tour. I must tell you that the few Carnival ships I have been aboard (3) set an example for behind the scenes cleanliness and safety that all cruise lines should follow. Every place I looked was Dutch girl clean and tidy. You learn how the ship takes care of so many people in so little space, and you meet crew members you generally never see. They are all very nice folks, and you can tell they generally are interested in the people they serve.

I love the behind the fun tour. I must tell you that the few Carnival ships I have been aboard (3) set an example for behind the scenes cleanliness and safety that all cruise lines should follow. Every place I looked was Dutch girl clean and tidy. You learn how the ship takes care of so many people in so little space, and you meet crew members you generally never see. They are all very nice folks, and you can tell they generally are interested in the people they serve.

My lingering memory from our BtF tour on Miracle a few years ago was when our tour stopped at the room where the techs ran the machines that liquefy the organic (biodegradeable) garbage. Those guys looked surprised that we were there and simultaneously proud that we stopped to see them and the relatively grungy work they had to do, it was really kind of touching. It wasn't hard for us to understand how an incredibly complicated and crowded ship could run efficiently (and cleanly) with people like that on the job.

My lingering memory from our BtF tour on Miracle a few years ago was when our tour stopped at the room where the techs ran the machines that liquefy the organic (biodegradeable) garbage. Those guys looked surprised that we were there and simultaneously proud that we stopped to see them and the relatively grungy work they had to do, it was really kind of touching. It wasn't hard for us to understand how an incredibly complicated and crowded ship could run efficiently (and cleanly) with people like that on the job.

I bet that meant a lot to those employees who didn't hold such glamorous positions. I'm very excited to take this tour on the Valor later this month.

I wanted to on our wedding cruise last year, but by the time I remembered, they were sold out. This is going to be item #1 when we board this time!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app