Free Bottle of Wine @ the Steakhouse?

Lyncoya

We got a free bottle at Cucina Del Capitano on our Sunshine cruise.

We did as well. They didn't off the 50% off the wine list at the Cucina, though. Just the free selections (which were awful, and I'm not by any means a wine snob).

You can but they may or may not insist on opening it at the table. If so insist on getting the cork.

We find the free bottle worth what we paid for it. In future would do the 50% off bottle

We did this and the FREE bottle of wine that we got was not corked but a screw top and the wine was not all that great!

• 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, AZDAN99 said:

Is the free bottle per table or for each cabin at table?

How many bottles of 50% off can I buy?

Dan, you are allowed 1 bottle at 50% off, IF you eat at the steakhouse on the first night. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AZDAN99 said:

I’m not sure if the free bottle if per table or cabin - you can email the Steakhouse on the ship and they should be able to tell you.

On our last Sunshine cruise (March 2019), we purchased six total bottles that first night at 50% off. No problem.  They kept them at the Steakhouse and we picked them up each night if we were eating somewhere different.

We took two bottles off the ship when we debarked.

For wine lovers, this is the best deal at sea - if I recall correctly, the Caymus bottles we got were $45 after the discount. We spent $340 just on wine!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, simplynewt said:

Just to clarify the "1st Night" of the cruise. We leave port at 3:30 PM and have 2 days at sea. So in order for this offer to work, I would need to make reservations for the night we leave port or the 1st night at sea?

Yes, either night as others have posted.

11 hours ago, AZDAN99 said:

In our past experience it's been 1 bottle per table, 

We usually buy 4-5 bottles @ 50% off and have them keep them for us to consume in the main dinning room thru out the cruise.

I have heard other say they would not sell them more than 1 but that has not been our experience.

YMMV

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2017 at 6:30 PM, Lyncoya said:

I leave for my Conquest Cruise in 3 weeks. I just received an email that says you receive a free bottle of wine on the first or SECOND night of the cruise if you dine in the steakhouse.

Can someone confirm that you now receive it on the second night as well? I thought it was only on the first.

Just double check. It is first night and first formal. On our Sunrise cruise this summer we ended up with the 1st formal being night 3. Even the staff didn't know why they did that. No problems in changing our reservation.

I recommend half price wine and getting Caymus for $45 which is cheaper than you can get at home. It is amazing.

I was on the Valor in November and went to the Steakhouse on the night of embarkation.  It was my wife and I.  We were representing two cabins at one table because we book two for the family.  They said it should really only be one bottle.  They reluctantly let us buy two bottles at half off.  I think the intention of the promotion is to allow one free bottle OR one half off bottle per table.  Your mileage may vary depending on how individual Steakhouse staff enforce the "rules" on any given night on any given ship.

Edited by j1d1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Dan, you are allowed 1 bottle at 50% off, IF you eat at the steakhouse on the first night. 

We will be on the Panorama in Feb 2020. Based on a few responses, I am going to try getting more than one bottle at 50% off. Sound like free bottle is only worth what you pay - $0