Weather differences on Transatlantics, Bermuda to Lisbon vs Florida to Tenerife vs ..

Ox Fan Cruiser

Weather differences on Transatlantics, Bermuda to Lisbon vs Florida to Tenerife vs NYC to Ponta Delgada Azores. This Spring we did our first TA on Eclipse where we crossed from Bermuda to Lisbon. For my New England blood, it wasn't cold but not really warm. We are booked for next Spring on NCL's Breakaway from NYC to The Azores for the crossing. How much different in temps should I expect? We are also thinking about canceling that one & take the Reflection which crosses from Florida to Tenerife. This is a more southern route. Will the daytime temps allow shorts & Tee shirts on deck?

Weather differences on Transatlantics, Bermuda to Lisbon vs Florida to Tenerife vs NYC to Ponta Delgada Azores. This Spring we did our first TA on Eclipse where we crossed from Bermuda to Lisbon. For my New England blood, it wasn't cold but not really warm. We are booked for next Spring on NCL's Breakaway from NYC to The Azores for the crossing. How much different in temps should I expect? We are also thinking about canceling that one & take the Reflection which crosses from Florida to Tenerife. This is a more southern route. Will the daytime temps allow shorts & Tee shirts on deck?

There is a marked difference crossing from Florida to Tenerife because you are on a much more Southerly route and the seas are warmer, although a Spring ta will have the water at its coolest. You stand a much better chance of tee shirt weather from the get go though. NYC to the Azores will be chilly. I'm done with cool weather tas. I like some warmth.

Phil

On this years TA we came back on Norwegian Air's London-Gatwick to JFK. They have a Premium Economy which is VERY well priced. 2 seats wide where economy is 3 wide. MUCH more legroom, free meals & drinks, luggage etc. I just found out that they are adding a nonstop from Rome to Newark that will be running in time for this cruise (Reflection TA).

There is a marked difference crossing from Florida to Tenerife because you are on a much more Southerly route and the seas are warmer, although a Spring ta will have the water at its coolest. You stand a much better chance of tee shirt weather from the get go though. NYC to the Azores will be chilly. I'm done with cool weather tas. I like some warmth.

Phil

Totally agree. If you want warm weather DON"T do TA From New York. It will never be warm. There's a lot more choices for TA's from Florida, so you should choose those. Of course if there's a specific itinerary you want, like going to Iceland, then you have no choice.