Diamonds International

my family and I cruise many times and we just had an evperience in Cozumel that opened my eyes to shopping st Diamonds Int'l. We almost bought a $ 18,500 ring and they totally ripped us off. This is a warning to the many cruise travelers that shopping at Dismonds Int'l might be a total RIPOFF. Just warning everyone. Please take my advise and you won't be sorry.

Yeah, no details. In no way can you be ripped off by "almost" buying something. We have bought a couple of good pieces at DI, but no way would I ever spend that much there. We now go to other reputable jewelers in only a couple of ports - St Thomas and St Maarten. Cozumel isn't one of them.

As a general rule, don't buy jewelry from a jeweler you don't know and trust. Unless you're an expert on gemstones, you will be ripped off at any "duty free" jewelry store near a cruise port.

One thing to remember, loose gemstones have no import duty on entering the USA, so they are all "duty free" here at home. And that beautiful 3 caret H SI2 diamond is only worth one tenth of what you paid in the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums