Texas Smokehouse on Bliss

wanderingjew

Let me help you and this thread;

The Q Texas Smokehouse is a venue discovered on the full Bliss deckplans (found today on the EU NCL site) and nothing has been yet announced by NCL on this venue but it appears that with the stage this will a dinner show type of venue (identical to Supper Club on Escape, Illusionarium on Getaway and Spiegel Tent on Breakaway).

For anything else we will have to wait and see.. :)

-2Ivmp-qT3STDszG8kkWtg.png

When I read the title of the thread, I was hoping it would be something like this comp venue on CCL ships, not a pay venue.

Oh, well....:rolleyes:

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/guys-pig-anchor-bbq

I wasn't all that impressed by Fat Jimmy's C-day BBQ on the Breeze. I didn't think it was worth waiting in line for at all.

When I read the title of the thread, I was hoping it would be something like this comp venue on CCL ships, not a pay venue.

Maybe it will have free shows. The Escape has several free shows each week in the Supper Club and sometimes a paid show. Did anybody catch any more new venues on the Bliss before the deck plans disappeared again?

They have a smokehouse dinner show on CCL ships? What is the show like?

I believe you misunderstood.

I think Bob Brown was referring to the thread title "Texas Smokehouse" and envisioned at first thought the Bliss might be offering something that it might possibly be similar to Carnival's Pig & Anchor or Fat Jimmy's which serve BBQ fare like brisket, smoked beef and pork, sausages and mac&cheese as an "included in the cruise fare" all you can eat complimentary venue for lunch. I don't see where he, or the link he provided, states Carnival includes a show or any entertainment whatsoever when ordering from these places.

I think Bob Brown was referring to the thread title "Texas Smokehouse" and envisioned at first thought the Bliss might be offering something that it might possibly be similar to Carnival's Pig & Anchor or Fat Jimmy's which serve BBQ fare like brisket, smoked beef and pork, sausages and mac&cheese as an "included in the cruise fare" all you can eat complimentary venue for lunch. I don't see where he, or the link he provided, states Carnival includes a show or any entertainment whatsoever when ordering from these places.

Exactly! I am interested in the BBQ food, not a dinner-theater, pay of even free....

Can't get enough of the Ribs!;p

I don't see where he, or the link he provided, states Carnival includes a show or any entertainment whatsoever when ordering from these places.

He doesn't state that. That's why the post of mine that you quoted contains a question mark. That indicates I was asking if it did. :rolleyes:

I understood what you meant.:D I would love to see a Smokehouse addition, too. Maybe it will be comped...a set up like Manhattan with "free" entertainment during dinner. I'm not a big CW fan but something like this with "pop style" country entertainment would be appealing. I know it's wishful thinking,'tho..........

I would hate to see more upcharge type of restaurants because of the tone it conveys. It appears they're already adding (2): Ocean Blue and Los Lobos from what I have read so far.

Exactly! I am interested in the BBQ food, not a dinner-theater, pay of even free....

Can't get enough of the Ribs!;p

I dont know how you can have a "smokehouse" on a ship when you cant smoke anything. I could by a steakhouse theme where you just have to grill the meat. But how do smoke something without any smoke?

While I'd be the first to argue that you can't have real barbecue without an offset smoker and a real wood fire, there are electric smokers available that use wood chips. I have no experience with whether they have industrial-sized installations of such things, but I'd imagine you can get one if you have the resources of a cruise line.

The temperatures involved are less than oven temps so there shouldn't be any real barrier to smoking meat with a big electric smoker if they wanted to do it that way.