Diamond level / Allure or Harmony / Drinks voucher instead of Diamond cocktail hour?

I am Diamond level but most of my points came from Celebrity cruise, have only been on a five day Liberty cruise on RCL. Planning on Allure or Harmony. From what I have read, they have a cocktail hour (daily?) OR....you can have 3 drink vouchers load on your card (again, daily ?).

Since I don't drink alcohol, and my husband is not Diamond, I would much prefer the drink vouchers for soft drinks during the days. Would actually save me from buying a soda package for myself.

Is this possible ?

You've got it right, except it's cocktail hour (actually 3.5 hours) AND drink vouchers. Unlimited drinks in the lounge PLUS 3 vouchers to be used at any bar outside the lounge.

By the way, the drink vouchers can only be used during the Diamond Lounge cocktail period. So no drinks during the day with the vouchers.

Also, call Crown & Anchor and get linked to your husband so that he will be Diamond too.

Thanks everyone, I did not know about linking status ! We married gay folks still have a lot to learn about the "married world" works !

For anyone else who may be reading, marriage is not a requirement for linking. You just have to declare the other person your "significant other".

So my husband (he is some like Platinum or Aluminum Foil), can have the same status as me (Diamond)?

Short OT story:

Years ago we were in the CL and 2 women were discussing their C&A status. One said, "We are Diamond members." The other replied, "Well, we are Diamond plus members!"

They turned to us and asked what lever of C&A we were.

My spouse, (then partner), replied, "Oh, I think we are Cubic Zirconia!" They were visibly NOT amused:).

Thank you! I was ignorant of linking. Does the person who receives status by linking enjoy the perks regardless of whether the parties cruise together? I will shortly achieve diamond but my spouse is currently gold. More often than not he will cruise Royal with me, but I wonder if he would enjoy the status should he ever choose to cruise solo.

Thank you! I was ignorant of linking. Does the person who receives status by linking enjoy the perks regardless of whether the parties cruise together? I will shortly achieve diamond but my spouse is currently gold. More often than not he will cruise Royal with me, but I wonder if he would enjoy the status should he ever choose to cruise solo.

He will be Diamond whether cruising with you or not.

Short OT story:

Years ago we were in the CL and 2 women were discussing their C&A status. One said, "We are Diamond members." The other replied, "Well, we are Diamond plus members!"

They turned to us and asked what lever of C&A we were.

My spouse, (then partner), replied, "Oh, I think we are Cubic Zirconia!" They were visibly NOT amused:).

Was that before the Diamonds were kicked out of the CL? Either that, or the Diamond member was in a full suite.

Funny story though....LOL...Cubic Zirconia!! Love it! :D

Yes, he would keep the C&A level no matter if he cruises with you or even gets unlinked.

Thanks to all who responded to my post. Just called Crown and Anchor, and gave my CA number and my husband's, and now he is bumped up to Diamond also. Very easy, less than a minute. Now I need to book something

Congrats!! And have a great time on your next cruise! :D

My sister's new husband is enjoying his status as Diamond, even though he has only been on three cruises. :)

We took our Grandson in our cabin, first cruise ever for him and he was listed as Diamond on his set sail card and I noticed his card opened the door to the diamond lounge on the Allure. Now if he goes on a future cruise without us Im pretty sure he wont be diamond?

We took our Grandson in our cabin, first cruise ever for him and he was listed as Diamond on his set sail card and I noticed his card opened the door to the diamond lounge on the Allure. Now if he goes on a future cruise without us Im pretty sure he wont be diamond?

He will still be Diamond if he goes on a cruise without you.

I thought unlike Celebrity, room mates don't share status on RCI.:confused:

Perhaps I misunderstood, but the poster said the grandson was listed as Diamond on his card. That would mean he is DIamond via points or linking.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but the poster said the grandson was listed as Diamond on his card. That would mean he is DIamond via points or linking.

It can't be via points as the poster said it was his first cruise. It could be via linking to parents. I took it the poster meant that somehow the grandson got D simply by sharing the cabin.

It can't be via points as the poster said it was his first cruise. It could be via linking to parents. I took it the poster meant that somehow the grandson got D simply by sharing the cabin.

I just cannot think of a way for someone to get D printed on their card just by sharing a stateroom.

Getting back to OP's original question ... while you can only use the drink vouchers during set hours each night, you can use them to get an unopened can of soda or bottle of water to drink some other time ...