New to RCCL; what do you like best about Liberty?

First RCCL cruise, although not new to cruising. What are the best perks aboard Liberty? Anything special I need to know about Galveston (never been). How does RC different from Princess (my so far favorite). Not finding too much information specifically about this ship. Looking forward to a new experience. Thanks for any info.

We have cruised Carnival, Nowegian, Princess and RCCL. In my opinion Princess and RCCL are a lot alike and are our favorites.

We are cruising Liberty for the first time in three weeks but we have cruised Independence, which is a sister ship and loved it. We like the ice show, the broadway style shows and the Promenade. The Promenade Cafe is our favorite place on the ship to just sit and people watch.....also love the cookies.

We live five hours from Galveston and have cruised out of there several times. It is very convenient for us as we drive down the day before and then get up and get on the ship early in the morning. I'm sure you'll be flying in so it's hard to compare our pre-cruise plans but we truly enjoy cruising out of Galveston.

Liberty Of the Seas is a great ship for kids or older adventurous kids. Great slides for all ages. Rock climbing wall, ice skating. Great shows. Food this time was not the best to me on Lido. Usually I prefer eating the buffet over the dining room. First time, that was not true. I took my granddaughter two weeks ago, and took the Liberty last July as well.

We have cruised Carnival, Nowegian, Princess and RCCL. In my opinion Princess and RCCL are a lot alike and are our favorites.

We are cruising Liberty for the first time in three weeks but we have cruised Independence, which is a sister ship and loved it. We like the ice show, the broadway style shows and the Promenade. The Promenade Cafe is our favorite place on the ship to just sit and people watch.....also love the cookies.

We live five hours from Galveston and have cruised out of there several times. It is very convenient for us as we drive down the day before and then get up and get on the ship early in the morning. I'm sure you'll be flying in so it's hard to compare our pre-cruise plans but we truly enjoy cruising out of Galveston.

Thanks. We are flying down on Friday and staying in Galveston until Sunday. Anything special we should do there? Also what time do you recommend getting to the ship; it's much earlier than Princess recommends I think. Thanks for the info. We leave on 9/3 sailing.

BTW, there is a whole thread dedicated to LOTS.

sorry I searched several times and came up near empty; will try "LOTS" and see if that is different. Wouldn't know that acronym if you aren't a seasoned RC cruiser.

Rosie, try this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2330778

All things liberty of the seas

It's been helpful to me as we're going on her in a few weeks, also our first time. We're elite on princess & know LOS will be different but just happy to be cruising! I the comparing Horizon Court on Royal / Regal to Windjammer won't he's good thing to do as the buffet on those 2 ships is way above most cruise ships, so we plan on trying hard to not compare but to just enjoy . We are packing more clothes due to no self laundry (or free for elite!) on LOS but that's certainly not the end of the world.

Do read what you can about this ships offerings so you can take advantage of all you find interesting.

We sailed on Navigator out of Galveston a couple of years ago and got there about 10:15 and were able to go right in to registration. Seems like we boarded about 11:00.

In looking at other recent threads about Liberty those times seem to be about right. I'm afraid I can't help with things to do. We show up in time to board early and then head home right after we get off.

The kids water/splash area is awesome!The tutti salad bar for lunch in the MDR. Buffet is better than Carnival. The promenade is really pretty. Skating rink. The Dreamworks characters are fun and you can watch their movies in the room [emoji5] The captain was really sweet, informative and personable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums