I have a choice to make pleae help

Im trying to decide on September 11, 2017 Carnival Victory balcony room with a stop in Cozumel and Bahamas, or September 11, 2017 Norwegian Sky with stop and stayover in Cuba and Great Stirrup Cay, BUT only an oceanview room..

I know both ships are old, but which be would be better

I gotta kinda give to get, I never been to Cuba, but i only like balcony room. LOL

plus it me and wife's 5th year anniversary. Thanks all so much for the help

Keep in mind there are extra hoops you have jump through to go to Cuba. I'm not familiar with them, but I have seen post from others about governmental requirements to make the trip. Maybe someone will jump in and let you know about all that before you make your decision.

I've been on the Sky - pro is the open bar (if they are keeping that perk during the Cuba sailings), con is the food. I was not impressed, neither were the other 17 people I went with. Service was not up to what I have experienced on Carnival, RCCL, or Holland either - never saw our room steward at all, had to hunt down another for towels once.

I was in a similar predicament; and ended up choosing the Sky (already have 4 day booked on Victory too). Have been on both ships before. I think the Sky is nicer ship, but I could get a lot more for my money with Carnival. I'm paying a lot more to go on the Sky to Cuba, but the point of the trip was to go to Cuba. I'm paying 7 day money for the 4 day trip on the Sky. If you just want to get away for a few days and kick back, go with the balcony on the Victory. If Cuba has a big draw for you, go to the Sky.

I've been on the Sky - pro is the open bar (if they are keeping that perk during the Cuba sailings), con is the food. I was not impressed, neither were the other 17 people I went with. Service was not up to what I have experienced on Carnival, RCCL, or Holland either - never saw our room steward at all, had to hunt down another for towels once.

I was on the Sky to Cuba in May 2017. NCL can guide you what/if any changes are happening due to Trump's announcement. The press release they issued after the announcement summed it up as business as usual.

OK ... I LOVED Cuba. The people are AMAZING. I did 2 tours with Old Car Tours and working with Rodrigo was terrific. He is very patient because I was a solo female cruiser and had TONS of questions. I was treated like a princess by the driver and the guide each day/tour I took with them. Nacho was my guide day 1 and was SO knowledgeable, funny, helpful and gallant. Yasser was guide for 2nd day to Hemingway and was VERY knowledgeable, nice and knocked himself out getting something I forgot in his backpack returned to me. He worked SO hard and waited SO long for NCL ship personnel to come down to the Port Entry and get my items. It was put in L & F for me and I did get my T shirts back.

It's true about The Sky. My steward didn't do any towel animals until I asked. He was going to skip them. I saw him a few times, talked with him, he was nice but on the last day he tried to charge me for a large bottle of fizzy water. I never touched that bottle. He said seal was broken. IF it was, then it was previous cruiser and cabin wasn't prepped properly. Also, the last night he didn't do the towel animal. Also, I came back to cabin and saw him making the bed but not changing the sheets. I asked him to please change the sheets.

The food was not great. Service, for the most part, was good. Only 1 night the waiter took 2 hours to serve dinner.

I loved the games and the shows.

I was on the Sky to Cuba in May 2017. NCL can guide you what/if any changes are happening due to Trump's announcement. The press release they issued after the announcement summed it up as business as usual.

OK ... I LOVED Cuba. The people are AMAZING. I did 2 tours with Old Car Tours and working with Rodrigo was terrific. He is very patient because I was a solo female cruiser and had TONS of questions. I was treated like a princess by the driver and the guide each day/tour I took with them. Nacho was my guide day 1 and was SO knowledgeable, funny, helpful and gallant. Yasser was guide for 2nd day to Hemingway and was VERY knowledgeable, nice and knocked himself out getting something I forgot in his backpack returned to me. He worked SO hard and waited SO long for NCL ship personnel to come down to the Port Entry and get my items. It was put in L & F for me and I did get my T shirts back.

It's true about The Sky. My steward didn't do any towel animals until I asked. He was going to skip them. I saw him a few times, talked with him, he was nice but on the last day he tried to charge me for a large bottle of fizzy water. I never touched that bottle. He said seal was broken. IF it was, then it was previous cruiser and cabin wasn't prepped properly. Also, the last night he didn't do the towel animal. Also, I came back to cabin and saw him making the bed but not changing the sheets. I asked him to please change the sheets.

The food was not great. Service, for the most part, was good. Only 1 night the waiter took 2 hours to serve dinner.

I loved the games and the shows.

I'd love to see Cuba as it is now, and then return maybe 5 or 10 years down the road to see what's changed.

I've been on the NCL Epic and Breakaway, both very nice ships,and they certainly are much better than any ship presently going to Cuba. Food & entertainment was far better on these 2 NCL ships than anything I've experienced on Carnival, inc. the Vista.

As far as towel animals, one person's delight is another's so what. I tell my cabin steward at the start of the cruise I am not interested in him/her wasting time folding up towels - I've seen them all, and I couldn't care to see another.

Personally, I would choose Victory in this case. I've cruised Sky twice and frankly, they were 2 of my all-time worst cruises. I didn't like the ship, the cabins, the service or the food. I only went twice because I got a great deal on a balcony room (previous was in an oceanview). I had hoped the first cruise was a fluke...but the second was bad too.

I also think this is a bad time to visit Cuba. I'd wait until cruisers aren't so limited on tour choices.

Personally, I would choose Victory in this case. I've cruised Sky twice and frankly, they were 2 of my all-time worst cruises. I didn't like the ship, the cabins, the service or the food. I only went twice because I got a great deal on a balcony room (previous was in an oceanview). I had hoped the first cruise was a fluke...but the second was bad too.

I also think this is a bad time to visit Cuba. I'd wait until cruisers aren't so limited on tour choices.

Have you visited Cuba on one of your NCL Sky cruises? My visit in May 2017 had no limitations on tour choices. There are many tour companies in Havana (which is only port Sky goes to) offering a wide range of tours. There are MANY options for nightlife attractions/activities. The people are amazing, friendly, and very helpful.

I can't compare cruise lines for you, as we've not sailed NCL.

As a Canadian, we've taken many land vacations to Cuba and love it there.

Havana is a really special place to see and the people are amazing. It's my favourite island.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been on both and liked them both. However I would choose Sky for the ports. Cuba is new and I love Great Stirrup Cay. The Sky has the specialty dining which is nice for your anniversary. Steak house and french restaurant are very good. Also Sky has the included drink package.