Why are some things listed identically twice on the MSC booking website?

Cherries Jubilee

I noticed that the 18 drink voucher package is listed word for word twice with the same price and everything. I know their website is less than perfect but I'm wondering if there is any difference here. Also one of the internet packages is listed twice with slightly different wording but the same overall product for a different price. I feel a little stupid wondering what I'm missing :o

IMG_0337.JPG.474e821240926a52118f7e0200ee5bad.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG.dea38e4f796554734271c96d9837e6a6.JPG

I noticed that the 18 drink voucher package is listed word for word twice with the same price and everything. I know their website is less than perfect but I'm wondering if there is any difference here. Also one of the internet packages is listed twice with slightly different wording but the same overall product for a different price. I feel a little stupid wondering what I'm missing :o

LOL!:D Hi again, we keep chatting more on the general board than our own roll call!

I saw what you are referring to as well. I called and they did not know. They were confused. So I came to my own conclusion...one says vouchers, so that would mean individual "tickets" and the other says pass, so that would mean a sticker on your card (like other cruiselines do) perhaps?:confused:

Talking about confusion....my bookings says leaving in 20 days (uhhh bad math), payment not made (made and shows on credit card charges), and everything else that would make me very anxious. The customer service reps are also confused with their own website. They have to put me on hold and confer with some other "authority" or look up on another computer to answer questions. Byt he time I get on the cruise I am going to be best buddies with the entire C.S department, judging by the time we chat on the phone! And they are really nice people trying to get through a crazy online system as well. It's totally hilarious...like a comedy (of errors!). I am taking all this very lightly.:D;p

I posted this on another thread re ours drinks package we have booked the deluxe at £310 for 10 nights and then this appeared when I checked our reservation on Sunday! I spoke to rep in U.K. Monday and she said ignore the website!2a338740f2adb3a65575d0523d3ca24b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL!:D Hi again, we keep chatting more on the general board than our own roll call!

I saw what you are referring to as well. I called and they did not know. They were confused. So I came to my own conclusion...one says vouchers, so that would mean individual "tickets" and the other says pass, so that would mean a sticker on your card (like other cruiselines do) perhaps?:confused:

Talking about confusion....my bookings says leaving in 20 days (uhhh bad math), payment not made (made and shows on credit card charges), and everything else that would make me very anxious. The customer service reps are also confused with their own website. They have to put me on hold and confer with some other "authority" or look up on another computer to answer questions. Byt he time I get on the cruise I am going to be best buddies with the entire C.S department, judging by the time we chat on the phone! And they are really nice people trying to get through a crazy online system as well. It's totally hilarious...like a comedy (of errors!). I am taking all this very lightly.:D;p

Hey! I honestly figured they wouldn't know. Based on what I've read here I kinda think that their customer service is probably an undertrained call center. It seems like some interactions make it obvious that they want to help but they haven't been given access to any real information so they don't know any of the answers.

I figured my best bet in finding an answer would be asking here and see if anyone has booked both of the drink packages and went on the cruise already. For some reason I don't think there is a difference on the drink package but I booked one of each so I guess I'll find out.;)

I'm one of the lucky ones SO FAR! My cruise info is currently listed accurately. I'm glad you're taking those website errors in stride because a lot of reviews here make me think people have these horrible mistakes on their online account and it causes them anxiety and when they get there it all goes close to plan for them. There are only about 60 of us here going on this cruise so I'm crossing my fingers that none of us has any problems!

In the brochure it also depends on how many nights the cruise sails for. I think longer than 9 nights has a different price for drinks package, Internet, etc.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Yes I wondered if that was the issue and their website just leaves it up to the passenger to book the correct one. I sure hope not because that might mean that even though the cheaper Cruiser Plus package is listed for our 7 day cruise it could very well stop working before the end of the cruise if Divina still does 4 days cruises.:confused:

For my Divina sailing I have the two versions of the 18 drink pass, both at $89. What gets me is I paid for the Surfer internet package at $79.9 and now there is a duplicate surfer package for $66.

I ordered both versions of the 18 drink pass too. Under my booking info they still seem to be identical so I'm pretty lost there lol. I did order the $66 Surfer package and I'm really not sure what's going to happen there. Perhaps they didn't get a lot of orders for it so they made up a sale and didn't bother taking the original down. Of course it could also be a different package altogether. I almost thought it wasn't worth the risk and went for the full priced one but I took the gamble instead.

I posted this on another thread re ours drinks package we have booked the deluxe at £310 for 10 nights and then this appeared when I checked our reservation on Sunday! I spoke to rep in U.K. Monday and she said ignore the website!2a338740f2adb3a65575d0523d3ca24b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess all we can do is ignore it since no one knows what is going on 😂

Hey! I honestly figured they wouldn't know. Based on what I've read here I kinda think that their customer service is probably an undertrained call center. It seems like some interactions make it obvious that they want to help but they haven't been given access to any real information so they don't know any of the answers.

I figured my best bet in finding an answer would be asking here and see if anyone has booked both of the drink packages and went on the cruise already. For some reason I don't think there is a difference on the drink package but I booked one of each so I guess I'll find out.;)

I'm one of the lucky ones SO FAR! My cruise info is currently listed accurately. I'm glad you're taking those website errors in stride because a lot of reviews here make me think people have these horrible mistakes on their online account and it causes them anxiety and when they get there it all goes close to plan for them. There are only about 60 of us here going on this cruise so I'm crossing my fingers that none of us has any problems!

Made a few phone calls to my travel agent's customer service center and they made a few calls to MSC and the payment info looks all all looks Ok ...for now.;) And the cruise info is all listed correctly now.

We have not been assigned a cabin yet, but not worried about that at all.

I am looking forward to meeting you on board. We are all going to have a good laugh about this!

Made a few phone calls to my travel agent's customer service center and they made a few calls to MSC and the payment info looks all all looks Ok ...for now.;) And the cruise info is all listed correctly now.

We have not been assigned a cabin yet, but not worried about that at all.

You'll probably end up with a great cabin. I don't see many complaints about that. I can't believe it's 11 days away! I wonder what I'm forgetting to pick up for the trip.

Just don't forget to bring yourself!;):D

:')

I changed my order to tickets, so i can use them on future voyages: plus, there are no max drink limits, listed for the drink tickets.

I didn't even think about that when I ordered the vouchers. I hope we have enough fun to want to go back!

I actually screenshotted the same thing yesterday when I was logged in as I meant to ask about it on here!

drinks.png

Three all inclusive drinks packages, slightly different wording, two almost half the price of the other. Note this is a 5 night cruise. If I was interested in an all inc package maybe this would be a good chance to grab one for half price!

Three all inclusive drinks packages, slightly different wording, two almost half the price of the other. Note this is a 5 night cruise. If I was interested in an all inc package maybe this would be a good chance to grab one for half price!

It's obvious that MSC was updating the website and neglected to remove the older description of the Restaurant and Bar drinks package.

The premium package is almost twice the price of the basic one. You're not getting one "for half price". Check the wording on the first two: one says "Premium brands are included", "Premium mineral water", "energy drinks", the other says "Premium brands are excluded" "mineral water". I'm sure if you expand the details, you'll see that the first includes items that the second doesn't.

It's obvious that MSC was updating the website and neglected to remove the older description of the Restaurant and Bar drinks package.

The premium package is almost twice the price of the basic one. You're not getting one "for half price". Check the wording on the first two: one says "Premium brands are included", "Premium mineral water", "energy drinks", the other says "Premium brands are excluded" "mineral water". I'm sure if you expand the details, you'll see that the first includes items that the second doesn't.

Ahhhh thanks for the explanation. I did expand it but the wording was almost identical. The only thing changed is the premium brands bit which I missed.

The following should also be on the deluxe package list - items that aren't included in the R&B package:

.............drinks and snacks from the minibar, drinks ordered through room service, as well as delights from thematic bar menus, fresh fruit cocktails, freshly squeezed juices, and food from the room service menu. Bottles of wine and champagne are not included in the package; however, when purchased in restaurants and bars, will be available at 30% discount from the menu price.