Specialty Dining & Dress Code

grandmaLUU

Hello fellow cruisers!! My husband & family will be leaving on The Island Princess next week for our Alaska Cruise! So excited! We are choosing not to do Formal Nite. My question is , we have reservations on two evenings for the 2 specialty restaurants--Does the formal Nite code apply to those restaurants as well or just the MDR--if our reservations happen to fall on formal night--or Dan we keep with our resort casual attire! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope. The specialty restaurants are always "Smart Casual" for dress. You can dress up more and not be out of place but it is not required and many choose to eat in those venues on Formal Nights rather than "dress up" for Formal Night. Smart Casual is the "always" dress code in those venues.

Enjoy your cruise. :D

Hello fellow cruisers!! My husband & family will be leaving on The Island Princess next week for our Alaska Cruise! So excited! We are choosing not to do Formal Nite. My question is , we have reservations on two evenings for the 2 specialty restaurants--Does the formal Nite code apply to those restaurants as well or just the MDR--if our reservations happen to fall on formal night--or Dan we keep with our resort casual attire! Thanks!!

Smart Casual and your good 😊

Tony

Smart casual is the rule in specialty rest. Think Khakis & collared shirt & you're fine.