New Instant/Automatic Ad's from Carnival Forum! Keep your spkrs muted!

jwjax

This may have been posted before, but this the second day in a row, a Carnival AD Blasting in the background, abruptly interrupted me. After scanning for Malware, which didn't find anything, I finally caught it, at the bottom of the screen.

Until yesterday, I have not had this "Pleasure" before..... ;);)

Anyway, keep your sound on mute while on this Carnival Forum...... lest you get a Surprise BLASTED AD.

Ad blocker plus works better than mute.
While True!:cool: Where does it end.....Anti - Virus - Malware - Ransomware - Spam - Ads....and on and on.... It appears we can not escape the constant change and update of ads/scams/spams etc.... on the Internet.:loudcry: The cost of the Internet keeps going up and up....etc.. Just my opinion...:cool: In over 10 years on this forum, the ads, emails etc. were fine. But an intrusive uninvited BLASTING AD is not.... :( Again, IMHO:)

While True!:cool: Where does it end.....Anti - Virus - Malware - Ransomware - Spam - Ads....and on and on.... It appears we can not escape the constant change and update of ads/scams/spams etc.... on the Internet.:loudcry: The cost of the Internet keeps going up and up....etc.. Just my opinion...:cool: In over 10 years on this forum, the ads, emails etc. were fine. But an intrusive uninvited BLASTING AD is not.... :( Again, IMHO:)

I agree. I can look past or around the flashing ads and just accept they are a part of a free web site forum but the recent audio advertising with no way to shut off the sound (other than the mute button or an ad blocker) is maddening.

Edit: I've also started recently getting warnings from McAfee Web Adviser about content here on CC that has been blocked due to a potentially harmful or suspicious site. Don't know if there's any relationship or not.

I use Chrome and I use AdBlock Plus. I don't have popups and I don't see many "junked" up webpages. I see what I signed on to see and nothing extra! I even use it on my work computer, love it! Haven't seen ads for years!

I use Chrome and I use AdBlock Plus. I don't have popups and I don't see many "junked" up webpages. I see what I signed on to see and nothing extra! I even use it on my work computer, love it! Haven't seen ads for years!

Thanks, Martha. I downloaded AdBlock Plus and am amazed how much faster pages load without all those ads.

Thanks, Martha. I downloaded AdBlock Plus and am amazed how much faster pages load without all those ads.

Obviously I'm not Martha but I did reply to you. Glad it worked out. Do you also use chrome? I do and each time that you scrub your machine in the future it should be a faster process. Congrats

Obviously I'm not Martha but I did reply to you. Glad it worked out. Do you also use chrome? I do and each time that you scrub your machine in the future it should be a faster process. Congrats

Thanks for the reply. I had Googled it prior to responding to Martha, but got several options and was thus looking to narrow that down based on a recommendation. I use IE 11. I telework and have had better luck with IE than Chrome.

I have Adblock Plus installed on Firefox. No more pop-up ads.

I just added the Firefox add-on of Adblock..... Seems to be working so far. Thanks for the info on Adblock everyone.

I am still a little skeptical that AD's will return, once the advertisers figure a way around it. Hopefully someone will keep up and update the blockers.......:)

I just added the Firefox add-on of Adblock..... Seems to be working so far. Thanks for the info on Adblock everyone.

I am still a little skeptical that AD's will return, once the advertisers figure a way around it. Hopefully someone will keep up and update the blockers.......:)

The coders know what they are doing, relax and enjoy your new experience on the internet :)

My experience is sometimes, an ad pops up on my yahoo homepage everytime I start up and open Firefox for the first time even if Adblock Plus is running. It doesn't always happen though.

I downloaded and installed another free ad blocker, uBlock Origin, that runs with Adblock Plus. It did the work. But the downside is I can not access the webcam of marine traffic site unless I temporarily disable both the Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin.

Just sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did this as well and it's true the ads are now gone and pages load much faster. However, I've found now that I cannot access the free cruise port web cams on the PTZ web sites with the adblocker active - I either have to disable it for those sites or pay for PTZ's premium service without ads. :( Unless someone knows another way around this?

I did this as well and it's true the ads are now gone and pages load much faster. However, I've found now that I cannot access the free cruise port web cams on the PTZ web sites with the adblocker active - I either have to disable it for those sites or pay for PTZ's premium service without ads. :( Unless someone knows another way around this?

I mentioned this in post #14. My only solution so far is to move to IE, but it is sooo slow...EM