Caribbean Princess in the UK

jimdod

A couple of questions for anyone who has been on a recent British Isles cruise.

Do they still have happy hour BOGO (for a dollar)?

How about the beer selection, any UK or European selections?

There is still BOGO on the CB. Not sure on the beer selection

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were you on the ship recently? A few people who have been on the Caribbean Princess recently said they didn't have happy hour anymore and that the staff wasn't sure why. Hope you are right!

Not till Sept 10, the reason why it caught my interest. After reading the post a little less than a month ago I think, I asked thru Messenger a bartender onboard I got acquainted with in our CB sailing Jan 16 last year. He replied that they still have one. Not aware if it has changed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were you on the ship recently? A few people who have been on the Caribbean Princess recently said they didn't have happy hour anymore and that the staff wasn't sure why. Hope you are right!

UPDATE: The bartender now onboard the CB that previously said that there was still a BOGO in the evening, has just sent me a message that there are no more BOGO on the CB since a few weeks ago. Bad news.... for us!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

UPDATE: The bartender now onboard the CB that previously said that there was still a BOGO in the evening, has just sent me a message that there are no more BOGO on the CB since a few weeks ago. Bad news.... for us!!!

What a bunch of poop! The BOGO has been extremely popular. It's a good thing we booked under the Sip and Sail last year. We booked Caribbean for next March and we sail on Emerald October 8 (also booked way last year under the Sip and Sail). Normally we don't have the AIBP and always avail ourselves of the BOGO.

What a bunch of poop! The BOGO has been extremely popular. It's a good thing we booked under the Sip and Sail last year. We booked Caribbean for next March and we sail on Emerald October 8 (also booked way last year under the Sip and Sail). Normally we don't have the AIBP and always avail ourselves of the BOGO.

I know! BOGO was my excuse not to get AIBP and will miss it next month. Hope it doesn't get fleetwide till my other booked sailings in 2018 are done. You made a wise decision on your Sip & Sail.

No more BOGO. We were just on the Caribbean Princess and no go

We'll be on the Caribbean Princess next week. While I'm a fan of the BOGO, I don't think it a big deal that it is not available on this itinerary with the ship being in a port almost every day. Now, if they dropped it on a TA that would be a different story.

On the beer front, not sure about the Caribbean, but on the Crown, also in the UK. They've had Bath Ales 'Gem' beer.

https://www.bathales.com/our-ales/aid/gem/

For the guys from the US, it's probably similar to Sam Adams. Which you guys consider a lager, but we in the UK would consider an Ale.

On the beer front, not sure about the Caribbean, but on the Crown, also in the UK. They've had Bath Ales 'Gem' beer.

https://www.bathales.com/our-ales/aid/gem/

For the guys from the US, it's probably similar to Sam Adams. Which you guys consider a lager, but we in the UK would consider an Ale.

That is promising, On US based cruises I have had Newcastle Brown on tap and a version of Bass Ale (brewed in the US).

Well that is sad news indeed. I am on CB next month, too, and didn't get an alcoholic package due to the many ports. But I was kinda counting on BOGO.

Well that is sad news indeed. I am on CB next month, too, and didn't get an alcoholic package due to the many ports. But I was kinda counting on BOGO.

Was counting on it too! Seems like changes have been happenng recently.

Think they've soon realized it's not a good financial idea to give us Brits access to cheap booze. On our recent cruise on the Crown, they had the BOGO $1 at the Wheelhouse bar 1500-1600, Adagio 1700-1800 & Skywalker's 2300-2400. At these times the bars were literally jammed standing room only, all other times they were empty.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk