?? Koningsdam from Miami!!!?? haha!

VMax1700

• Administrators

Hello!

I'll be happy to take a look at this, as are our editors. What specifically is incorrect? We'll check into it, and fix if appropriate.

Thanks,

LauraS

I must be as blind as bat. I can't see anything about sailing out of Miami?

I dont think the ship caters to the "wealthy" though. that is a big error to me but I haven't been on her/him so I can only go by what I know of HAL and what I see in pricing ;)

The editor has now edited (again).

quote - When the ship is based in Fort Lauderdale, expect the majority of passengers to be North American. Yesterday this stated Miami, not Fort Lauderdale.

quote - Announcements are in English and Dutch. Not so. Perhaps when sailing out of Amsterdam, but out of Civitavecchia and Fort Lauderdale, its English only.

I suppose I should have copy/pasted the incorrect texts, but at least the main error has been corrected now.

Announcements are in English and Dutch. Not so. Perhaps when sailing out of Amsterdam, but out of Civitavecchia and Fort Lauderdale, its English only.[/quote]

I did wonder about that statement when I read the review.

The editor has now edited (again).

quote - When the ship is based in Fort Lauderdale, expect the majority of passengers to be North American. Yesterday this stated Miami, not Fort Lauderdale.

quote - Announcements are in English and Dutch. Not so. Perhaps when sailing out of Amsterdam, but out of Civitavecchia and Fort Lauderdale, its English only.

I suppose I should have copy/pasted the incorrect texts, but at least the main error has been corrected now.

Ahhh - that explains it - I'm not blind. Pretty bad when the wrong embarkation port is posted. It probably wouldn't have been fixed if you hadn't posted. Thanks OP :)

Good obs VMax! ;) In addition, the review talks about her "exclusive adults-only area" Can anyone who has been on her (K-dam) please 'splain that "exclusive adults-only area"? As far as I'm aware, kids are welcome in the Retreat, as long as Mum and Dad have rented a cabana

I've sailed out of Amsterdam any number of times over the years (although never on the Koningsdam), including June and July this year, and never heard announcements made in Dutch. That is not to say it has never happened, but it certainly isn't standard operating procedure.

"A jacket and tie and a cocktail dress or nice pantsuit would be regarded as the minimum. " is incorrect. Neither jacket nor tie is required on Gala nights.

I've sailed out of Amsterdam any number of times over the years (although never on the Koningsdam), including June and July this year, and never heard announcements made in Dutch. That is not to say it has never happened, but it certainly isn't standard operating procedure.
A friend of ours did a r/t on K-dam out of Amsterdam in early June. He said there was one announcement in Dutch before the ship left the dock. I suspect it was telling some day visitors that it was time to leave. :)