Miami Hotel

bettyboop16

I am looking at 3 Miami hotels, Aloft Southwest 2nd Ave., Doubletree Biscayne Bay, & Homewood Suites Southwest 1st Ave. Has anyone stayed at these hotels? If so, how's the location? how far from restaurants? Are they in a walkable area? What is the general condition of the hotel/rooms?

Many Thanks,

Betty

Hi Betty

Haven't stayed in any of those sorry but trip advisor is a great place to start to get honest opinions. The Miami destination experts on there have been a great help to me.

Im also staying in Miami post cruise but I have chosen Hampton Inn Suites - Miami Bricknell downtown. The reviews are awesome.

Im sure someone will be along soon who has stayed at these.

Aloft and Homewood Suites are in the Brickell area where Doubletree is in downtown Miami.

Homewood suites is the newest of the hotels only have been open maybe 6 months. It's nice looking building. You have a Publix, Publix Pharmacy & Liquor Store, Walgreens, restaurants etc all very close by.

Plenty to walk to from all hotels. Brickell will have more going on in the evening because you have lots of restaurants, Mary Brickell Village and Brickell citi Centre all within walking distance. Doubletree will have restaurants you can walk to.

I haven't stayed at any of these but live in the Brickell area. From what I know of the area, from what I have heard and read, my order would be Homewood Suites, Doubletree, Aloft.

I think the Alot has the best location while the Double Tree is probably the nicest hotel. The Homewood is fine as well, though I tend to think that location is a little bit out there for an easy walk to Brickell.

Double Tree will also potentially have nicer views and views of the port and is a little bit closer to the port. Any of them you won't go wrong though, they are all close to lots of places to eat drink and shop and they are all very close to the port.