Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Random question...when Vision moves to San Juan in Dec 2019 is she going to be the permanent ship there or will it be Freedom?

The reason I ask is that I read about Vision's power loss yesterday in the Med and I thought I must get to sail on Vision and Grandeur before they are sold off (I think Enchantment is safe for a while yet!) :p

Random question...when Vision moves to San Juan in Dec 2019 is she going to be the permanent ship there or will it be Freedom?

The reason I ask is that I read about Vision's power loss yesterday in the Med and I thought I must get to sail on Vision and Grandeur before they are sold off (I think Enchantment is safe for a while yet!) :p

Freedom sails from San Juan year round. Vision is there from December 2019-April 2020. Who knows what happens after that.

And the longer we wait the more likely it is that it will sail empty. Grrrr

My guess is that it will also be very expensive for a few seasons in China. Locals with $$$$ have a preference to be able to have/do/experience the latest trends etc. It is why designer goods, electronics, cars do so well in the market there. They will pay overs for the bragging rights (face).

I also think that RCL are struggling to deal with the amount of complaints they get from non locals who book cruises out of China and then spend the whole cruise complaining about the local manners. As non local cruisers are a very small part of RCL revenue source on cruises from China it is just not worth the bother and they will fill the cabins with locals anyway.

Only one sailing showing so far, hopefully more will be loaded soon

3a41ed5e2015b7a6e90f9c8ed97f13d6.png851c55e407d47146772c479dbb64e8f2.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go to the Rooms Page and you will find the deckplans for some of the decks..

Here's what I noticed

Solarium is only for Suites

Observation Deck and Dining Room only for Suites

Aft Balconies available

Sky Pad is on the Port side at the aft sticking out.

Indoor Solarium is gone

Spa covers a part of the forwards section on the starboard side.

Private Lifts for Suite Class

In conclusion, unless you are book in a suite, you are better off sticking to Quantum Class and leaving Spectrum alone

Edited by WaveSplasher

Go to the Rooms Page and you will find the deckplans for some of the decks..

Here's what I noticed

Solarium is only for Suites

Observation Deck and Dining Room only for Suites

Aft Balconies available

Sky Pad is on the Port side at the aft sticking out.

Indoor Solarium is gone

Spa covers a part of the forwards section on the starboard side.

Private Lifts for Suite Class

In conclusion, unless you are book in a suite, you are better off sticking to Quantum Class and leaving Spectrum alone

Now I checked back the RCI website again and the only cruise on Spectrum disappeared again.

However thanks for your observations on the different ship layout.

I really dislike those suite trends that there’s extra expansive suite areas which are not accessible for the regular people.

All the niceties such as great sun deck spots, bow view etc are just available for more paying guests anymore.

I think the large Solarium accessible for all guests is one of the absolute highlights of Quantum Class.

With those developments for sure the Asians can get this ship, I’d not book it, but prefer the original Quantum Class ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will not be booking Spectrum if the non Suite passengers are treated like Steerage. The Solarium is my favourite day time spot

I just hope, if the second Quantum Ultra newbuild is going to sail western waters (all rumors count on Bayonne for Bermuda and Canada/NE) the ship will be designed like the original Quantum Class ships, with a solarium for every passenger and a smaller suite exclusive area.

I understand suite passengers should get some extra treats but not as extensive as it’s going to be on Spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums