Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Personally, i feel that either Voyager or Explorer will stay in Asia and not having both ships return to US/Europe. Voyager may sail over for the refurbishment dued next year but I believe she will be back.

RC has been advertising their ships heavily in Singapore lately with advertisements and sponsorships for dramas to film segments on board the ships. I do not think they will be planning to pull out so many ships from Asia market after all the money they spent on them.

RCI will go where the money is. Living without a homeported RCI ship on the West Coast (California) of the US for 7+ years, I can attest to that. If tourism/cruising is slowing down in Asia, you can count on ships leaving for other markets.

Ah, thank-you, I obviously missed that.

I told you Bob..lol

So that makes my guess that Voyager/ Explorer will be headed to Galveston for short cruises more plausible together with an Oasis Class I would say. Carnival has 3 ships sailing out of Galveston.

I told you Bob..lol

So that makes my guess that Voyager/ Explorer will be headed to Galveston for short cruises more plausible together with an Oasis Class I would say. Carnival has 3 ships sailing out of Galveston.

Enchantment has those short cruises from Galveston covered. And Liberty has the 7 nighters. Both through April 2020.

Personally, i feel that either Voyager or Explorer will stay in Asia and not having both ships return to US/Europe. Voyager may sail over for the refurbishment dued next year but I believe she will be back.

RC has been advertising their ships heavily in Singapore lately with advertisements and sponsorships for dramas to film segments on board the ships. I do not think they will be planning to pull out so many ships from Asia market after all the money they spent on them.

There is definitely a short cruise season currently scheduled from Hong Kong Kai Tak Cruise Terminal.

This would seem to be Explorer, but could be Voyager or Quantum as well.

Whether it is Voyager or Explorer is yet to be seen, but it is scheduled as Voyager.

\Tu 09 Jul 2019Voyager of the Seas07001700母港 turn

Fr 09 Aug 2019Voyager of the Seas19002300母港 turn

Tu 13 Aug 2019Voyager of the Seas07001700母港 turn

Th 22 Aug 2019Voyager of the Seas07001700母港 turn

Tu 27 Aug 2019Voyager of the Seas19002300母港 turn

九月 September

Tu 03 Sep 2019Voyager of the Seas07001700母港 turn

Su 08 Sep 2019Voyager of the Seas07001700母港 turn

Fr 13 Sep 2019Voyager of the Seas07001700母港 turn

Sa 21 Sep 2019Voyager of the Seas07001700母港 turn

Th 26 Sep 2019Voyager of the Seas07001700母港 turn

十月 October

Tu 01 Oct 2019Voyager of the Seas07001700母港 turn

Tu 08 Oct 2019Voyager of the Seas07001700母港 turn

Sa 12 Oct 2019Voyager of the Seas07001700母港 turn

Sa 12 Oct 2019Quantum of the Seas08001800母港 turn

Th 24 Oct 2019Diamond Princess07002300 訪問 transit

I hope independence comes to Bayonne

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

That would probably be the most likely at this point with an April/May 2020 to a October/November 2020 Bayonne Season.

That would be the 2020/2021 deployment season and shows how the 2019/2020 deployment is related to future years plans.

Hope Indy stay in Europe for winter , we don’t have any rcl here in winter [emoji19][emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used to want a ship in Europe year-round, but after seeing the weather in the Med during mid-October, I no longer think it would be a good idea, especially not out of Southampton.

I used to want a ship in Europe year-round, but after seeing the weather in the Med during mid-October, I no longer think it would be a good idea, especially not out of Southampton.

In the canary island and marocco it’s pretty good weather in winter

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Malaga and Lisbon would both be good options for short winter seasons with good flight connections. Malaga's embarkation port opened several years ago and Lisbon's new terminal will be open soon.

Lisbon's new terminal is open. We were the first ship in there in November last year

They have really been marketing the port trying to get a turn around ship for 2019.

I know RCL's line Azamara has a couple of sailings booked out of Lisbon for embarkation.

I had understood that there was a new baggage claim area that was opening in 2019, but am unsure what that was about.

For those on the US West Coast and California, I wonder if RCI will react to the Carnival Cruise Line deployment of places their next Vista Class ship in Long Beach.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8391

Doubt it. Comes up on here every couple months. As long as ships keep sailing above 104% capacity and getting $$$$ they want Royal won't return to California...

Doubt it. Comes up on here every couple months. As long as ships keep sailing above 104% capacity and getting $$$$ they want Royal won't return to California...

So what is Carnival and Princess doing differently that has allowed them to stay and maintain a presence in California unlike RC!? Does Carnival know something that RCI doesn't.

So what is Carnival and Princess doing differently that has allowed them to stay and maintain a presence in California unlike RC!? Does Carnival know something that RCI doesn't.

Royal only has so many ships, and deploys them to the places where they make the most profit. I believe LA comes after New Orleans in profitability, and they will be removing a ship from New Orleans., so RC would need to add two ships before LA becomes a possiblity.

Royal only has so many ships, and deploys them to the places where they make the most profit. I believe LA comes after New Orleans in profitability, and they will be removing a ship from New Orleans., so RC would need to add two ships before LA becomes a possiblity.

Bob - Thanks for that insight. It's hard to image the LA market not being profitable for them and behind NO. But looks like the not so "profitable" thing has been going on for a while ever since Mariner left.

I feel for the West Coat folks hoping for something more permanent.

Bob - Thanks for that insight. It's hard to image the LA market not being profitable for them ... .

Again, the distinction is not whether the port is profitible, it's that it's not as profitable as other ports. It's a very mobile business and they just move to other ports when the expenses get too high.

Malaga and Lisbon would both be good options for short winter seasons with good flight connections. Malaga's embarkation port opened several years ago and Lisbon's new terminal will be open soon.

Royal helped pay for the new port development in Malaga, then they bumped the port fees up,

So they left and are using Barcelona. Adventure was the ship suffered with that change.

Again, the distinction is not whether the port is profitible, it's that it's not as profitable as other ports. It's a very mobile business and they just move to other ports when the expenses get too high.

Thanks again.

Now waiting to see what they have for winter 2019/2020 Deployment for Southern Caribbean from Florida.

RCI will go where the money is. Living without a homeported RCI ship on the West Coast (California) of the US for 7+ years, I can attest to that. If tourism/cruising is slowing down in Asia, you can count on ships leaving for other markets.

Keep dreaming Karen.

I wish they would gat back to the West Coast

No doubt there are a number of things to consider what markets they want to be in, however I believe the biggest reason Royal pulled out of the CA market is CARB. California Air Resources Board requires vessels making regular port to go go "cold iron" withing a certain period of time after docking. "Cold iron" is shutting down all of the vessels engines while at the dock and supply the ship with shore power. From what I have read the cost to retrofit a ship to be able to go cold iron is around $2 million. While the 2 mil doesn't seem like the biggest road block in the world, there is another issue that makes the decision more complicated. OK, say Royal is going to going retrofit Blank of the Seas for cold iron to offer year round cruising LA, now any other ship in their fleet that calls from LA will have to able to go to cold iron as well as I understand it. Right now they can have a limited number of visits with various ships without be subjected to the cold iron requirement.

I believe Royal is content to provide the occasional California cruise in California while repositioning to other markets, this permits any of their ships to call in California... not just certain ones. I also think they don't want to take a public stand that they will just be using the limited visits loophole, might not look too good with the Save the Waves program... much easier to provide other less controversial reasons why they are not in California.

Edited by BillB48