Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Another cancellation letter - RCI is keeping busy:

Dear Guest,

The Navigator of the Seas is undergoing extended renovation. As a result, we regrettably must cancel our Navigator of the Seas February 15, 2019 sailing. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes and the impact on your vacation. We made this decision as early on as possible to ensure that we give you time to find an optimal vacation plan.

In addition, we have put together some options and in hopes to make up for the inconvenience this cancellation has caused. They are as follows:

Option 1: Re-book Selected Sailings

• You can re-book Jewel of the Seas: 2/1 or 2/15
    • Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items. If the cruise fare happens to be lower for these sailings, you are eligible for the lowest available price.

[*]And receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

• $200 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $400 for Suites
    • Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

[*]Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $300 per guest for International flights)

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean Sailing

• Re-book any other Royal Caribbean ship and sail date
  • And receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $200 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $400 for Suites
    • Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

[*]Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $300 per guest for International flights)

Option 3: If you choose to cancel

• We will process a full refund to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposit

We will call you personally to ensure we reach the best possible solution for you. In the meantime, if you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 1-866-506-7245. Any pre-paid shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment. In order to give you ample time to decide on an option that best fits your needs, you will not need to provide us with your final option decision until March 14, 2018.

Thank you for your understanding. We hope that you find another great vacation option with us, as we have no doubt your vacation will be nothing short of amazing.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

I hope Allure get $200 OBC for riff-raff too!;p

I only found the Eastbound one so far - all prices pp $1,111 inside, 1,287 OV, 2,055 for balcony. As usual, fairly high taxes of $300+. 16 days 6 ports.

The above provided prices are the non-refundable deposit rates.

Refundable deposit rates are as follows:

Inside $1296, OV $1501, and balcony $2397

I just called and re booked the new Ta. Miami to Rome. Same price and $200 Obc

Missing La Palma, Tenerife and Gran Can. Got Ponte Delgada instead

Managed to keep 9256 though

That’s good,, popular room. We’ve got it on this years Jewel TA [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My travel insurance does cover booking made outside the UK as not ABTA protected!

I was trying to be light hearted so not 'my fault!'

But does it need to be protected? American agents don’t process the payments like UK agents do. The cruise line processes it so no worries of an agency going under.

My travel insurance does cover booking made outside the UK as not ABTA protected!

I was trying to be light hearted so not 'my fault!'

Sorry, I didn't mean it like the way it read.

I've used the V2go agency a few times. The prices quoted on they're web site doesn't include port fees and it's always more expensive.

The more I think about Abta the more I think we aren't needing it. I can't see Royal going bust.

Different with airlines though.

But does it need to be protected? American agents don’t process the payments like UK agents do. The cruise line processes it so no worries of an agency going under.

That's correct as well. We also lose the ability to change cruises and cabins. £75 pp if we do so

That's correct as well. We also lose the ability to change cruises and cabins. £75 pp if we do so

I tried to change cabins recently from one grade of sunset veranda to the next higher on Explorer's Syd to Sin repo next March, I was told yes but you will have to pay the difference between the going rates for both cabin grades as they are for sale now (about £900 at the time) , not my protected rate from Ovation which would have only cost around £90 + change fees. Solution was I was allowed to move that booking deposit to a later cruise at no cost, and rebooked a lower grade cabin on Explorer for much less. End result I get 2 cruises for less money which is just crazy, but that is Guatemala sticking to the script!

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app

Jewel is doing b2b Canal cruises: February 25 East to West, and March 13, West to East. It is still not showing Westbound cruise on the website, as of a few minutes ago.

Thank you, I think I got it now, was a little confused, senior moment, LOL

Jewel is doing b2b Canal cruises: February 25 East to West, and March 13, West to East. It is still not showing Westbound cruise on the website, as of a few minutes ago.

Do I assume these cruises are for 2019? I must of missed something - I couldn't find them on web site.

Do I assume these cruises are for 2019? I must of missed something - I couldn't find them on web site.

Yes, 2019. As of yesterday, only one of the canal cruises was reported on Royal's website. I could not see it, but others could.