Princess Star "Secrets" and Not to Miss Spots

NewCruiser10

Hi!

I will be on the Star in Alaska in 8 days! I am so EXCITED! I know some ships have spots that are little hidden gems, which not everyone knows about. Does the Star have any of these areas? Also, what are some of the "not to miss" things on this ship?

Thanks!

Hi!

I will be on the Star in Alaska in 8 days! I am so EXCITED! I know some ships have spots that are little hidden gems, which not everyone knows about. Does the Star have any of these areas? Also, what are some of the "not to miss" things on this ship?

Thanks!

Not to miss: do at least once.

Afternoon tea

Ice cream volcano from the kid's menu in the MDR

Hot dogs at the grill (DH says better than at the ballpark)

Pub lunch (fish & chips or shrimp & chips) the "chips" are excellent

Chef's Table (if you can get a res) $125pp with wine, $85pp without wine (not positive about the prices, but close)

Ultimate Ship Tour (if you can get a res) $150pp

Sign up in the Personalizer for a birthday or anniversary (if the dates line up or even somewhere close, they don't check). You'll get a really nice chocolate cake and the waiters will sing. No charge.

Do a search here for Chef's Table & UST if interested, both are a once in a lifetime experience.

Hi!

Thanks!

Hi...we are sailing the Star in a few weeks and I asked something similar a while ago. I think that I can link the thread here (computer dinosaur) and perhaps there is something in the replies that might interest you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2508978

Hi...we are sailing the Star in a few weeks and I asked something similar a while ago. I think that I can link the thread here (computer dinosaur) and perhaps there is something in the replies that might interest you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2508978

Thank you kodidog! That thread was very helpful! Enjoy your trip on the Star.

Not to miss: do at least once.

Afternoon tea

Ice cream volcano from the kid's menu in the MDR

Hot dogs at the grill (DH says better than at the ballpark)

Pub lunch (fish & chips or shrimp & chips) the "chips" are excellent

Chef's Table (if you can get a res) $125pp with wine, $85pp without wine (not positive about the prices, but close)

Ultimate Ship Tour (if you can get a res) $150pp

Sign up in the Personalizer for a birthday or anniversary (if the dates line up or even somewhere close, they don't check). You'll get a really nice chocolate cake and the waiters will sing. No charge.

Do a search here for Chef's Table & UST if interested, both are a once in a lifetime experience.

Thanks JF! I'm looking forward to trying everything!

What type of menu is it for the chefs table?

It depends on the Executive Chef and the Maitre D'.

If you go for the alcohol, there's a wine pairing for each course, including dessert.

The one we did had a trilogy of meat (IIRC veal, filet mignon & lamb).

There were appetizer with drinks served in the kitchen during the galley tour. Some of them were strange. I tried all, DH skipped most of them.

Salad, soup, an absolutely amazing Intermezzo (a scoop of sherbet inside an ice balloon), a trilogy of desserts (yummy) and finally an enormous tray of cookies/candies.

The ladies got a rose and each couple got the Princess cookbook and pictures of everyone at the table.

Well worth the expense. It's a long and filling evening. Absolutely no way to eat it all, even if you have 2 stomachs.

Also, the wines are free flowing. No limit. If a bottle got empty, they opened another one.

Do a search for Chef's Table here or on Google. There are some reviews with pictures and sample menus.

It depends on the Executive Chef and the Maitre D'.

If you go for the alcohol, there's a wine pairing for each course, including dessert.

The one we did had a trilogy of meat (IIRC veal, filet mignon & lamb).

There were appetizer with drinks served in the kitchen during the galley tour. Some of them were strange. I tried all, DH skipped most of them.

Salad, soup, an absolutely amazing Intermezzo (a scoop of sherbet inside an ice balloon), a trilogy of desserts (yummy) and finally an enormous tray of cookies/candies.

The ladies got a rose and each couple got the Princess cookbook and pictures of everyone at the table.

Well worth the expense. It's a long and filling evening. Absolutely no way to eat it all, even if you have 2 stomachs.

Also, the wines are free flowing. No limit. If a bottle got empty, they opened another one.

Do a search for Chef's Table here or on Google. There are some reviews with pictures and sample menus.

That alone is a big reason we don't book it.