STAR PRINCESS Lovers....7 day cruise..Your favourite places onboard, and why?

kodidog

Hi everyone. :D We are sailing on the Star Princess, Southbound Alaska in September. Our last Princess ship was the Diamond a while ago, and since we are only on this new-to -us ship for 7 days, I need a quick course in everything I should not miss seeing and doing on the ship.

We will not be doing any specialty dining this time, but would love to know your most loved places to eat, otherwise, and the reason why if you can put it into words, besides Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ;)

Are there any quiet corners that you discovered, and particularly loved. Which pool was the best...again, quieter...but of course if the music was fantastic we need to know that too.

Your favourite lounge in the evening for a drink before or after dinner?

So, I think by now you have the idea, eh?

I realize that everyone's tastes are different, so do not expect that all we hear will seem exciting to us, but someone else reading the thread may say "Wow...have to try that place!"

Please help me, so we don't come home and hear people saying, afterwards "Hope you did not miss the ******. It was fabulous!" :eek:

Thanks in advance...will keep checking for ideas and thoughts to keep our excitement growing stronger, as we wait for the next couple of months to crawl by, LOL.

Hi everyone. :D We are sailing on the Star Princess, Southbound Alaska in September. Our last Princess ship was the Diamond a while ago, and since we are only on this new-to -us ship for 7 days, I need a quick course in everything I should not miss seeing and doing on the ship.

We will not be doing any specialty dining this time, but would love to know your most loved places to eat, otherwise, and the reason why if you can put it into words, besides Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ;)

International Cafe is nice for lunch

Are there any quiet corners that you discovered, and particularly loved.

Skywalker's, The Conservatory above the indoor pool

Which pool was the best...again, quieter...but of course if the music was fantastic we need to know that too.

As you are in Alaska there will not be much pool time, but the indoor pool is nice as is the terrace pool

Your favourite lounge in the evening for a drink before or after dinner?

Crooner's before dinner or after 9pm when the piano player/singer is performing, Wheelhouse Bar (they may have BOGO in the afternoon, Vines if you like wine

So, I think by now you have the idea, eh?

I realize that everyone's tastes are different, so do not expect that all we hear will seem exciting to us, but someone else reading the thread may say "Wow...have to try that place!"

Please help me, so we don't come home and hear people saying, afterwards "Hope you did not miss the ******. It was fabulous!" :eek:

Thanks in advance...will keep checking for ideas and thoughts to keep our excitement growing stronger, as we wait for the next couple of months to crawl by, LOL.

Have cruised on the Star for 90 days. See notes above. Also read the Princess Patter each day for activities and entertainment locations. Live bands move around to different lounges.

Thank you Sknight and Catwoman! One other thing I am not clear on...is the Conservatory Pool area (which is covered I believe) free to everyone, or is it the one that has a charge to use?

The WheelHouse is great - they have not hacked it up to create the "Salty Dog Pub" like they have on Ruby and Crown. Skywalker's is wonderful during the day and we always enjoy the happy hour there. Star is on of my favorite ships.

Thank you Sknight and Catwoman! One other thing I am not clear on...is the Conservatory Pool area (which is covered I believe) free to everyone, or is it the one that has a charge to use?

It's just the deck area above the free covered pool. I love to sit there to read.

The WheelHouse is great - they have not hacked it up to create the "Salty Dog Pub" like they have on Ruby and Crown. Skywalker's is wonderful during the day and we always enjoy the happy hour there. Star is on of my favorite ships.

We find the lighting and sound at the Wheelhouse Bar very suitable to our relaxation preference. Nice ambience.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

On a sunny day hang out at the free adults only Lotus Spa pool -- Deck 15 forward just below the Sanctuary (which is the fee based area you may have been thinking of) -- padded loungers and pool / hot tubs. If you splurge a little get the Thermal Suite package - but there are free Sauna/Steam Rooms in the changing rooms.

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated. I now have one less day to succumb (I think about the upcoming trip sometimes, and feel like swooning, LOL) to my excitement.

Sounds like there are a few nice places to curl up and read. Wish I had more days, or less ports, LOL.