Pebble's Rad Grad Trip

dexddd

Who says NCL is the king of marketing? On NCL you have to go down to the atrium for the table sales - MSC brings the stuff to you right at the pool. Plus a mobile drink cart - I think that was for mai tais?

There is one of the soft serve cone machines around the pools. And if you go in that door to the right to the restroom you can have your own stash of cones and ice cream mix.

Secret stairs from the top that were shown from the bottom earlier at the aft of the ship. MSC had a beer drinking contest which was fun only because they knew they would be out done the next day by the "Carnival's Very Hairy Chest" competition.

Sounds like fun!! I was at the art auction and bought a painting for $30 which included a facial! I thought that was an excellent deal, but the facial was a bit of a joke. :D Still, the print is a good souvenir. We also played bingo. I missed the announcement of the sale, I guess.

Beer drinking contest sounds like something my husband would have enjoyed :')

The first day I mentioned I noticed some quirks to the ship - the teaser I gave was that the public men's bathrooms don't have urinals. I searched the whole trip and could not find one.

The problem with that (compared to what I've seen on other ships) is that men tend to make a mess as they aren't the best with their aim. Most of the bathrooms I went into had wet floors and smelled strongly like a cat litter box. I saw someone else mention something about the smell. They did clean the bathrooms frequently - I'm guessing it has just permeated the nice marble floors.

The other odd thing is they have the Le Muse bathrooms that get shared by the pool but there is only one toilet in the men's room there. There is another bathroom inside the starboard side towards the water slide entrance with a room for men and women.

One other thing with the bathrooms is they turned you into a magician. When you wanted the sinks to turn on, you couldn't hold your hands under the spigot, you had to move one closer to the sensor so you could only really wash one hand at a time. I'll post a picture if I have one - there were some different faucets being used where this wasn't a problem.

Oh, and the small garbage cans - they sure do take a beating but they could be backups for Jamaican steel drums if needed for the calypso band.

And NO, that was not my wetness nor bottle of beer on the nifty beer holder.

2e4cbaaee1a7401ba07efc7ad6784a26.jpg

... Playa Mia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How cool is that !! NCL could borrow the ideas ... use these at GSC [emoji14]

That lobster tail looked "huge" - got Mrs. M's attention even while she was busy on her iPad. How was it ? Had a nice & light supper of Roast Rack of Lamb at med. well, perfectly done - tender & juicy ... at one of our favorite local cafe, put NCL's gallery to shame.

1eb9b0a81c96d8ac30c59f65a8ad8fa2.jpg

How cool is that !! NCL could borrow the ideas ... use these at GSC [emoji14]

That lobster tail looked "huge" - got Mrs. M's attention even while she was busy on her iPad. How was it ? Had a nice & light supper of Roast Rack of Lamb at med. well, perfectly done - tender & juicy ... at one of our favorite local cafe, put NCL's gallery to shame.

1eb9b0a81c96d8ac30c59f65a8ad8fa2.jpg

For a fee of course!

I don't eat lobster but I do understand the fascination with it being a treat on vacation. The other 5 in our party had it - twice same night - once as the app and then as the main. Yes, we all pigged out. It was reported to be 7 oz size but all of that at least.

I got chicken parm as special request which was delicious.

Your dinner does look tasty there. Do you have a fall trip planned yet?

For a fee, of course ... indeed.

Early booked, Breakaway during the tax-free promo in April, picked our OV location - now beyond cancellation ... for Halloween week sailing. A great Roll Call going, Richard, a solo traveler running the M&G. Plenty of inventory, Upgrade bidding offers @80 days - 2nd. email reminder within the last few days again. BIL/SIL booked earlier this month & less than 24 hours after they booked, got invited to bid - LOL. Anyway, put in a poor bid, just for fun ... will see. Part 2, land-based: day after disembark, fly West - LAS first stop with one-way Hertz rental ... 2 BR duplex, west of LAX.

Starting to look at S.E. Asia cruise options for 2018.

Great, informative trip report. Thanks! I saw the photo you took of the back of the TV - any chance you remember what brand of TV it was? I've found that an additional remote control is sometimes needed to change the input.

Great, informative trip report. Thanks! I saw the photo you took of the back of the TV - any chance you remember what brand of TV it was? I've found that an additional remote control is sometimes needed to change the input.

The TV was a Samsung. It appeared we could change inputs but never hooked it up to anything else to try. Maybe ask the question on the main page if you are looking to hook it up to something like a laptop.

One of the benefits with their Black level is the chocolate ship. I had heard a lot about the ship - some said it was hollow. Maybe, but this thing is pretty substantial - much more than the 6, wait 4, wait 0 Godiva chocolates NCL gives you at their top tiers.

Sorry for the pics don't make it out as nice as it was when it arrived but we took the two home with us and between the plane ride home and TSA taking exception to them in my backpack requiring "hand" inspection, they got a bit beat up.

One of the cool things that is on this ship (and many others, but not NCL unless you are in the Haven) is the covered pool Le Sirene. It was busy but not overly packed. We went on the Nassau day and there were maybe 6 of us in the pool.

One thing I noticed around the ship were the VERY slippery floors, especially around the pools. I'm guessing they retro-fitted that spongy type stuff as shown in front of the elevator to areas around the pools. The first day the ship was quite hot and the marble floors and stairs were sweating a bit too and slippery. It got better but as far as the A/C around the ship it was kind of odd as you'd go from a hot area to a less hot area and then maybe a cool area.