Flip flop/sandal question

bosmom

The only time anyone mentioned my footwear was in the Garden Café. One of the crew looked at my dress and then my keds sneakers and said sneakers with a dress? I was unsure what to say except next time I would say yes, sneakers with a dress. I am deathly afraid of falling and between a moving ship, polished floors and the possibility of slipping on spilled food I opt for safety.They were black canvas with black shoelaces and black soles so unless someone was really looking they could have been black shoes.

Dress sneakers, c'mon, I have two pair. One of them has grosgrain ribbon shoelaces that I can change out as needed to dress down. And I'm not kidding you one teensy tiny bit.

• 9 months later...

You can only pack so many shoes crocs thongs sandals - unless your name is Marcos from the Philippines.

With the FreeStyle standard that NCL has set you really don't need to bring the whole fashionable wardrobe

of footwear - after all how many shoes can you wear at one time ? AND on a 7 day cruise how many pairs

of shoes do you need daily ? Wearing your footwear anywhere just be careful what you step into so you can

get out of the fix you just stepped in.  

I've found it bizarre you can wear almost any type of footwear/pants in the MDR but the staff will call out folks wearing a hat and make you remove it. It's a personal opinion, but I"d much rather see a hat on someone than some people's feet.  Yes, I know, tradition.

Edited by inspiration100

3 hours ago, inspiration100 said:

I've found it bizarre you can wear almost any type of footwear/pants in the MDR but the staff will call out folks wearing a hat and make you remove it. It's a personal opinion, but I"d much rather see a hat on someone than some people's feet.  Yes, I know, tradition.

Yea, no. Hats have no place in a dining room. None.

On 8/14/2017 at 3:03 AM, karoo said:

Crocs- are you serious? I rate them as lower than flip flops/thongs. Never to even be seen out in public! emoji13.png

emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hate to say this, but crocs are making somewhat of a comeback with the teen crowd. Thank Post Malone for this 🤪

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, Peachypooh said:

The only time anyone mentioned my footwear was in the Garden Café. One of the crew looked at my dress and then my keds sneakers and said sneakers with a dress? I was unsure what to say except next time I would say yes, sneakers with a dress. I am deathly afraid of falling and between a moving ship, polished floors and the possibility of slipping on spilled food I opt for safety.They were black canvas with black shoelaces and black soles so unless someone was really looking they could have been black shoes.

Would love something like this - so versatile!  My MIL wore something similar (LA Gear) everywhere 30 years ago when they travelled in England. 

This thread is beyond ridiculous.  "Men's feet are ugly and yellow" ????   Just wow.  I suppose there are both men and women with ugly and yellow feet but I don't inspect them.  Really.  What is next?  Her breasts were so big and saggy.  Please don't let her in the MDR.  His belly was so big  and he had a hairy back that we could see through his collar.  He should have never been allowed on the ship!  Where do we stop this madness.

As long as no one smells with body odor and has clean and traditional clothes on is that all that really matters?

31 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

This thread is beyond ridiculous.  "Men's feet are ugly and yellow" ????   Just wow.  I suppose there are both men and women with ugly and yellow feet but I don't inspect them.  Really.  What is next?  Her breasts were so big and saggy.  Please don't let her in the MDR.  His belly was so big  and he had a hairy back that we could see through his collar.  He should have never been allowed on the ship!  Where do we stop this madness.

As long as no one smells with body odor and has clean and traditional clothes on is that all that really matters?

Agree,

Don’t care what people wear as long as it is clean.

“Men’s feet are ugly and yellow” it is called nail fungus which is a very common affliction for both men and women, women however cover it up with nail polish.

I usually have much better things to do than stare at peoples feet.

12 hours ago, MommyRobin said:

Hate to say this, but crocs are making somewhat of a comeback with the teen crowd. Thank Post Malone for this 🤪

Ha! Ha! Definitely not in my hood. Definitely not a fashion statement in Melbourne Aus. I sometimes see a few, very small children wear them at the local swimming pool or beach, but that's about it. 

6 hours ago, csopi said:

Agree,

Don’t care what people wear as long as it is clean.

“Men’s feet are ugly and yellow” it is called nail fungus which is a very common affliction for both men and women, women however cover it up with nail polish.

I usually have much better things to do than stare at peoples feet.

Were did anyone read "Men's feet are ugly and yellow"?

• 2 months later...

I take two pairs of crocs Patricia sandals, black and navy and wear with everything.  They look great with formal wear.  Most people don't even realize they are crocs because they go so well with my dresses but at the end of the day I will never see anyone after I get off the ship so it is all about comfort.

On 8/13/2017 at 3:28 PM, zqvol said:

Assuming that you are female you are correct. Men should not wear open toed shoes in the dining rooms.

I have shown up at the mdr with dress pants, polo shirt and nice leather flip flops and have been turned away while the guy in front of me wore a t- shirt, shorts and 20 year old sneakers was let in. I was told no open toe foot wear for Men while my wife had bejeweled sandals on.

From the NCL FAQ's.

Please Note: We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

All Decked-out: Smart Casual

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.