New Cruiser on NCL

coppermouse

Hard to pick just one, but I am going on a limb and choosing The Sun. It was one of the original ships offering free style, the cabins are a little bigger and the crew are so friendly plus they have the tapa bar. No, this isn't a big thing but it is different. The drawback to some might be the age of the ship. It certainly isn't a young kid. We also love the Jewel class ships, they are easy to to maneuver and are just the right size. Though we did enjoy the Breakaway, it is just way to big for us. I think, for the younger crowd the new mega ships are great, for us oldsters we prefer the smaller ships. they are not over easier on the legs but are must a little more intimate. :hearteyes:

Are you taking this cruise for the cruise ?

Or are you taking it for the itinerary (ports-destination) ?

Are you interested in land packages in conjunction with the cruise ?

First cruise suggested like newmexicoNita take a smaller ship and find out what you like about cruising NCL.

Maybe it will be the less formal "Free Style" cruising that appeals to your interests.

On the other hand like the atmosphere of a floating amusement park then go for the biggie -AWAY class

ships - bear in mind there will be CROWDS (lots of peoples) lines and time wasted like a bad day at

DisneyWorld - well maybe not so much exactly like that but this should give you an idea what to expect.

And why of course factor in the costs and the type of cabin that suits your needs - as noted smaller ship

larger cabins - newer ships smaller facilities - more designed with your interests outside of the stateroom.

You did not indicate whether you are a couple or a family - young or old ?

Noted that you have never sailed with NCL BUT have you sailed with another cruise line ?

What line and type size of ship ?

A lot of questions about cruising with/on NCL can be answered by reading this CC NCL Forum.

There are hundreds of pages with thousands of comments posted here - just about everything you wanted

to know about cruising NCL.

Visit the NCL website for more data about cruising NCL.

New ships like Breakaway, Getaway and such have more bells and whistles, however in some reason we prefer Jewel class. Smaller, easier to navigate, more pool space etc

Good Day,

I would like to try NCL next year for our cruise. Since we have never sailed with NCL before I need a little help.What are your favorite ships and why?

NCL Sun is different from NCL Jewel is different from NCL Escape. A common denominator to all of them that we like is Freestyle. Dine when we want, where we want, as casual as we want. If you tell us what ships you have sailed before and what you liked/disliked about them we can probably help steer you towards the NCL ship that maybe right for you.

Are you taking this cruise for the cruise ?

Or are you taking it for the itinerary (ports-destination) ?

Are you interested in land packages in conjunction with the cruise ?

First cruise suggested like newmexicoNita take a smaller ship and find out what you like about cruising NCL.

Maybe it will be the less formal "Free Style" cruising that appeals to your interests.

On the other hand like the atmosphere of a floating amusement park then go for the biggie -AWAY class

ships - bear in mind there will be CROWDS (lots of peoples) lines and time wasted like a bad day at

DisneyWorld - well maybe not so much exactly like that but this should give you an idea what to expect.

And why of course factor in the costs and the type of cabin that suits your needs - as noted smaller ship

larger cabins - newer ships smaller facilities - more designed with your interests outside of the stateroom.

You did not indicate whether you are a couple or a family - young or old ?

Noted that you have never sailed with NCL BUT have you sailed with another cruise line ?

What line and type size of ship ?

A lot of questions about cruising with/on NCL can be answered by reading this CC NCL Forum.

There are hundreds of pages with thousands of comments posted here - just about everything you wanted

to know about cruising NCL.

Visit the NCL website for more data about cruising NCL.

I would be sailing with my husband. We have been sailing for about 15 years. We've sailed on large and small ships. Had every cabin that has been offered. The cruise lines we've sailed on were Royal, Princess, Carnival, and Celebrity.

I would like a larger ship for different reasons.

Whichever ship you choose, make sure to get the garden villa. That is the only way to go. The other rooms/suites are just not up to par as the garden villa.

Well Garden Villa is really expensive and definitely isn't only way to go.

Good Day,

I would like to try NCL next year for our cruise. Since we have never sailed with NCL before I need a little help.What are your favorite ships and why?

We do not like huge ships so our favorites are the Sun and the Jewel class ships -- Jewel, Jade, Gem, Pearl -- that have The Great Outdoors in the aft and a huge observation lounge high above the bow.