No more kids under 3 allowed in the Pool!

Prada Cowboy

You dodged the question very nicely. How would you even know if a parent was dis-honest? You wouldn't. Now...

Would you allow your child in a pool with "under 3" children? If you don't want to answer and answer honestly, then so be it.

Obviously, I did not make my point clear: Yes, and my children have. I clearly state that my children have cruised Family Friendly Cruise Lines (Royal Caribbean); thus, there are the children's pool areas where they are allowed. Do I suspect there were not children above the age of 3? I know it for a fact there were babies in there.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Personally, just flat out ban children under 6 from the pool! Those parents who say: Oh my little one would never pee in the pool, are full of what's in the pools! I peed in the pools at that age. Anyone who says they didn't, is full of crap!

So are you still doing it? Some people do at any age, so how can we believe you? :)

Obviously, I did not make my point clear: Yes, and my children have. I clearly state that my children have cruised Family Friendly Cruise Lines (Royal Caribbean); thus, there are the children's pool areas where they are allowed. Do I suspect there were not children above the age of 3? I know it for a fact there were babies in there.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Wait. I just read about the disgusting things that adults do in your post and yet you would allow your child to sit in a pool with feces and urine? Adults can wash their hands. Babies, toddlers cannot. Nor can they rid themselves of bodily functions of a pool. Not my child. I bring a blow up. I would never allow a baby in a public pool. Never.

2 years olds aren't exactly babies. If they cannot wash their hands because it's too high for them, caring parents can assist. And adult pools are usually deep, so most of 2 yo are not swimming alone there. They are with adults. Not all cruise ships allow blow up pools, and there is a danger of overflowing.

Wait. I just read about the disgusting things that adults do in your post and yet you would allow your child to sit in a pool with feces and urine? Adults can wash their hands. Babies, toddlers cannot. Nor can they rid themselves of bodily functions of a pool. Not my child. I bring a blow up. I would never allow a baby in a public pool. Never.

You are a better parent than the rest of us. Here's a cookie.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2 years olds aren't exactly babies. If they cannot wash their hands because it's too high for them, caring parents can assist. And adult pools are usually deep, so most of 2 yo are not swimming alone there. They are with adults. Not all cruise ships allow blow up pools, and there is a danger of overflowing.

So you object to bringing a tiny blow-up for the baby. (Which I don't agree with as long as it's use is limited to a balcony. No responsible parent would fill the thing to the top.)

However, toddlers do not have some sort of inalienable right to swim. Prohibiting them from any publicly shared pool is ok. Protects the majority from a likely safety hazard to a lowered risk of unlikely and hurts no one.

So are you still doing it? Some people do at any age, so how can we believe you? :)

No. If you say you never did at age 6, you're full of it. Just trying to prove a point, but I can see you're incapable of understanding that.

No. If you say you never did at age 6, you're full of it. Just trying to prove a point, but I can see you're incapable of understanding that.

Good teacher or just an intelligent person can always explain in polite fashion. I don't see this in your case. So don't blame me.

Personally, just flat out ban children under 6 from the pool! Those parents who say: Oh my little one would never pee in the pool, are full of what's in the pools! I peed in the pools at that age. Anyone who says they didn't, is full of crap!

Appreciate your honesty.

You are right on:D

You do bring up an excellent point: utilizing the Adults Only Pool. When we cruised the Mediterranean on Equinox, it was too cold to be in the pool, so there was no risk of our (then) 3-year old to want to play in the pool; however, what else are children to do if there isn't a child's pool to play in?

Again, as previously stated, arguing about (P) in the OOL is a silly topic; however, I felt someone needed to be an advocate for the children. We pay full fare for our children just like you pay full fare and on a lot of these boards, not necessarily on this one, bringing children on-board is almost a sin.

And that's the "how dare others tell me what I can or can't do, it's MY cruise" mentality that seems to be fairly prevalent. I don't think anyone is necessarily seriously suggesting banning children of any age from the pools. I think everyone just needs to accept that children (and adults) of all ages pee in the pool. Just hope that the chlorine and whatnot does the job.

What most people seem to take issue with is children in swim diapers in the pool. Even if you pay full fare to bring your children on board, it doesn't give you the right to subject everyone to your precious one's feces. This is about civility and courtesy. Do you think it's OK for you to shoot a snot rocket into the salad greens at the buffet? Because after all, you paid full fare, and it's your cruise, so you should be able to do whatever you want, right?????? The obvious answer is, of course not, that's gross and rude and unsanitary. Well then, how is putting your child in swim diapers, letting them poop, and then dispersing the bacteria throughout the entire pool any worse? If you think there is nothing wrong with swim diapers, then I challenge you to collect your child's next deposit, put it on your washcloth, and wash your face with it.

The limit of "but it's MY cruise and I paid money just like you did" should be drawn at common civility and sanitation.

What about the adults that use the pool as their toilet?

Perfect reason to avoid public pools, or at least ones on the ship that are too small for the number of people who use them. Yuck - wouldn't want my young kids in them.