Best Beach Southern Itineray

gskline

We loved Harbor Lights Beach in Barbados-white silky sand and clear water. FYI, Orient Beach in St. Martin has a clothing optional area and they do stray over to the other side. Just letting you know in case you are traveling with children.

St Croix: (Coconuts, walkable from pier)

St Martin: (Little Divi, short cab ride, walk further down from this video, lots of open chairs and a bar)

Dominica: (Snorkel at Champagne Reef)

Barbados: (Carlyle Bay - Same beach as Boatyard - this is further down from Boatyard. Do not pay Boatyard to walk thru their building to get to the beach, tell cab to take you to the public beach a block further, unless you want to PARTY at the Boatyrd!)

Grenada (Grande Anse Beach, water taxi from pier)

Grenada, Grande Anse Beach is one the best beaches in the Caribbean IMO, one of my favorite beaches. Calm clear water, soft sand, no rocks, a few laid back bars. Very scenic. Water taxi shuttles people from the ship to the beach, very convenient.

St Croix: (Coconuts, walkable from pier)

St Martin: (Little Divi, short cab ride, walk further down from this video, lots of open chairs and a bar)

Dominica: (Snorkel at Champagne Reef)

Barbados: (Carlyle Bay - Same beach as Boatyard - this is further down from Boatyard. Do not pay Boatyard to walk thru their building to get to the beach, tell cab to take you to the public beach a block further, unless you want to PARTY at the Boatyrd!)

Grenada (Grande Anse Beach, water taxi from pier)

OP asked about beaches. Champagne on Dominica is cool but it's all rocks.....

The Boatyard in Barbados definitely gets my vote. Was there last year and it's really close to the ship. There's a bar and the loungers are nicely spaced. The sand is superb and the water, warm and crystal clear. We had lunch and drinks there as well and it was very nice

I'd go back at the drop of a hat as it compares favourably with Grand Cayman

We'll be on the Jewel of The Seas the week of January 21st, and would like to spend a day at the beach. Which Island and what beach????

St Croix

St Martin

Dominica

Barbados

Grenada

Well, if you go to Orient Beach in St Martin you can add NO PANTS to your signature.

I loved Orient Beach in St. Maarten and I am not really a beach person. I even went to the nude side and got naked and strolled around, got in the water, then put my trunks back on and went back to the other side. I was the only one in our group bold enough to do it. I only did it just to scratch it off my bucket list that I got naked on a nude beach! :D

The Boatyard in Barbados definitely gets my vote. Was there last year and it's really close to the ship. There's a bar and the loungers are nicely spaced. The sand is superb and the water, warm and crystal clear. We had lunch and drinks there as well and it was very nice

I'd go back at the drop of a hat as it compares favourably with Grand Cayman

Do you have to pay to get on this Beach?

You do not have to pay to get on the beach, but you do have to pay for loungers and umbrella.

I'm currently researching Barbados beaches for my upcoming cruise. The Boatyard is $20 for a chair, umbrella, one drink, turtle tour and a free cab ride back to the pier (this is worth $5/person).

We've decided to go to the Boatyard in Barbados because their menu looks best for my husband who has some dietary restrictions.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by brookie848

I'm currently researching Barbados beaches for my upcoming cruise. The Boatyard is $20 for a chair, umbrella, one drink, turtle tour and a free cab ride back to the pier (this is worth $5/person).

We've decided to go to the Boatyard in Barbados because their menu looks best for my husband who has some dietary restrictions.

Enjoy your cruise!

We've paid $20 for two loungers, two drinks, and one umbrella, but no cab ride or turtle tour.

We'll be on the Jewel of The Seas the week of January 21st, and would like to spend a day at the beach. Which Island and what beach????

St Croix

St Martin

Dominica

Barbados

Grenada

I just remembered I'm on the same itinerary in late April, come back and let us know how it goes.

Bob- What did you like about that beach in Barbados?