UBP... Getting 2 or more drinks at one time

Bronx12

4 minutes ago, nclsuncruiser said:

I am curious.  If you am a solo cabin occupant, and travelling with a friend also a solo cabin occupant, would the 2 drinks per transaction not be a simple way of sharing the package?  Before I get a load of tut tuts, I only ask the question out of curiosity - it seems too easy for someone to abuse the system.  Perhaps as a solo occupant they would not give 2 drinks?

I will be the first tut tut.  I’m sure you can do that but it is called stealing 

50 minutes ago, nclsuncruiser said:

I am curious.  If you am a solo cabin occupant, and travelling with a friend also a solo cabin occupant, would the 2 drinks per transaction not be a simple way of sharing the package?  Before I get a load of tut tuts, I only ask the question out of curiosity - it seems too easy for someone to abuse the system.  Perhaps as a solo occupant they would not give 2 drinks?

Yes, it would make sharing easier, in many circumstances such as larger families over multiple rooms or more than two people in a cabin.

It makes no difference though, a solo can still get two drinks per order.

56 minutes ago, nclsuncruiser said:

I am curious as to why even ask this question.....  you quoted me from 18 months ago and you have been a member since 2012 so.......  obviously have spent time on this board to know you will get "tut tuts" concerning this question because abusing the system is very easy and discussed frequently

On 12/29/2019 at 12:26 PM, esm54687 said:

I am curious as to why even ask this question.....  you quoted me from 18 months ago and you have been a member since 2012 so.......  obviously have spent time on this board to know you will get "tut tuts" concerning this question because abusing the system is very easy and discussed frequently

I hadn't actually realised until my last cruise that you could order 2 at a time.

Edited by podgeandrodge

44 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

I hadn't actually realised until my last cruise that you could order 2 at a time.

You removed the part of you're original reply where you felt a solo getting 2 drinks was an obvious sign of playing the system....  I would disagree as it is no worse than a couple getting 4 drinks at a time. 

Tips go a loooong way with the bartenders.  I never had issues getting 2-3 drinks per transaction.  It got to the point where I didn't need to order with certain guys and by the time I got to the front, my drinks were done.   

On 12/29/2019 at 6:26 AM, nclsuncruiser said:

Solos can still get two drinks. Still not allowed to share. And why would you as a solo who wants to drink choose the free internet or something else as your perk?