Can i bring baby food/water

What food, if any, am I allowed to bring for my baby?

the jars of food? there are little pouch types. baby snacks?

also, if they are on formula can I bring water since it needs bottle water or do i have to purchase on the ship?

I just got back from the Radiance, I have a 5 yr old who can not live without his Pediasures, I always travel with a few cases of Pediasure, 2x day, he has been traveling in Royal Caribbean since he was 1, at least once a year and I have never had a problem with his Pediasure bottles, the bottled water I believe you can preorder it to your room.

• 1 month later...

They have no bottle warmers....simply fill you sink with hot water (and it gets REALLY HOT!), and immerse the bottle for a bit. Or...start getting baby used to cooler liquids! Either way, it's doable. The water on the ship is perfectly adequate to make formula....at 6 mos., a baby shouldn't need "sterile" anything. Not that bottled water is "sterile" anyway!

There are lots of "mashable" foods on the ship, too...so you won't need too much "baby food"....unless your child has some sort of special diet. There is oatmeal, applesauce, bananas, mashed potatoes, rice, etc.....

We just got off Oasis and I took a small package of water and several boost drinks onboard for my kid that has some medication induced appetite issues. I had no issues with either one. However, lines do change rules about water and other beverages on a pretty regular basis so if your trip is not soon, well it is better to check back just before you go. I would opt for the pouches or plastic containers over glass. The glass jars MAY cause some issues.

We've brought the pouch baby food on in the past with no issues- i avoid glass typically for travel because broken baby food in my luggage does not sound like fun lol. If you do blw at all there are plenty of soft foods available including a variety of soft fruits/veggies and mine always did potatoes if yours like those[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 6 months later...

I know this is an 'old' post, but I wanted to answer questions as of 4/2018 based on my planning and conversations w/ RC. We will be traveling w/ an 8 month old.

- I was told that they can provide distilled water to us to mix formula FOR FREE - so no need to haul it onboard. I did make sure it was noted on our reservation however and will ask our attendant immediately upon boarding to make sure enough if available for us.

- Food - they have no issue w/ us bringing her food onboard, but I am avoiding the glass jars just in case. I don't want to end up in the naughty room.

- We requested a pack and play for the room, so we should have somewhere safe for baby to sleep.

- I was also told that I COULD bring a bottle warmer.

- They also gave us the option to put a real fridge in the room (since the ones built in don't really get cold enough to prevent spoilage of open formula or breastmilk). Again, you'd need to contact them in advance, but we opted to not go this route to save space and to just mix formula as we need it.

- I purchased a bowl that has a little masher with it so we can take advantage of some of the veggies that baby is already familiar with.

- If you're already feeding baby yogurt, don't forget that too is available in the wind jammer and a great option for breakfast and to help keep baby's guts regular while away.

So excited to take my wee one on her first cruise!

Judy

Realize that the ship board water is as pure as, or purer than, most bottled water.

It is either distilled or reverse osmosis purified.

They can also get potable water from a port.

People find all sorts of ways to bring booze on board the ships. A couple if times on Oasis, they asked me to open my kids water bottle and they did a sniff test. I don't know who would be despicable enough to use their kids drink bottle to boot leg alcohol, but I guess it happens enough for the to check. But our kids are 4 and 7 now, but when we were younger it wasnt a problem bringing baby food.

Realize that the ship board water is as pure as, or purer than, most bottled water.

It is either distilled or reverse osmosis purified.

Has this always been the case or just recently? On my 2016 AoTS trip, the water was decent (but I had brought bottled water regardless with no issues). On the 2010 ExoTS trip, I detected a slight taste but it was decent enough.

In the windjammer they will puree any food for you. So lots of fresh fruits and veggies available. Just ask a server to ask the kitchen for help. For us, one of the cooks saw our six month old and went out of his way to ask if he could do it for us. Every day they did it for us with a smile and top notch service. They love babies! They all miss their own children and will go out of their way to help you out. At least you get a little money’s worth in the food area if they do this for you.

Also, bringing baby food is no problem. We brought pouches and/or the plastic gerber containers. You may want to go to Walmart or dollar store and get the throw away spoons and one time use bibs. They worked great. May want to bring place mat things to go over the high chair tray for sanitary reasons.