UBP package

sailer1234

You can order any liquor that they have on board with the UBP. If the cost exceeds $15 you pay the difference + 18%. This applies to any mixed drink or cocktail too. There are some times when specific drinks are excluded from the UBP.

Guess the spirits menu I saw was not up to date. ;p

Not necessarily. The menus are not all inclusive. If they have it on the ship they will sell it even if it is not on the menu.

Yes, but the wine choices, especially for red wines are very poor.

I disagree with this, but my wine palette is not very sophisticated.

We have always had a Grand Mariner (or two or 3 :D) every time we dined in Le Bistro, and also we have had it elsewhere on ship. I also have Sambuca that isn't always listed on the drinks menus.

All you need to do is go up to a bar and look for your fave on the display shelves or ask.

ENJOY!!

You can order any liquor that they have on board with the UBP. If the cost exceeds $15 you pay the difference + 18%. This applies to any mixed drink or cocktail too. There are some times when specific drinks are excluded from the UBP.

I understand paying the difference, but haven't I already paid the 18% when I purchased? (It was one of our "free at sea" options).

Not necessarily. The menus are not all inclusive. If they have it on the ship they will sell it even if it is not on the menu.

I disagree with this, but my wine palette is not very sophisticated.

I am quite happy drinking $12 bottles of wine a home. I prefer Cabernet, but can also enjoy Shiraz, Merlot and Malbec. With fish, I like Chardonnay.

The wine choices NCL has for red wines is poor. There are no robust Cabs. The Chardonnay is not bad. I just don't like paying the hefty 18% service charge that can run almost $200 for a 14 day cruise. DW and I normally don't drink more than $400 of alcohol in a 14 day cruise (mostly red wine).

We will be 3 adults in the 2 bdrm suite on Jade in Jan 2018. Thus gives 2 of us the UBP. Does 3rd person have to purchase this as well ( not a drinker so a real waste of $$ )? I've seen conflicting info on NCL site.

We will be 3 adults in the 2 bdrm suite on Jade in Jan 2018. Thus gives 2 of us the UBP. Does 3rd person have to purchase this as well ( not a drinker so a real waste of $$ )? I've seen conflicting info on NCL site.

If guests 1 & 2 receive the UBP as a promo, nobody else has to buy anything.

If any guest BUYS the UBP, all other adults (21 and over) in the same stateroom need to buy the UBP and those under 21 need to buy the soda program.