Port Arrival Appointments for Anthem in Bayonne

Lemk85

We are sailing on Anthem 8/31 out of Bayonne and just printed our Sea Passes. They list an arrival appointment between 1 and 1:30PM. We were planning to arrive at the port by 11AM. Does anyone know how strict they are in adhering to these appointment times, and can you usually board whenever you get to the port? Thanks!!

The parking overflow (if there happens to be one) is outdoors and it's directly across the parking garage entrance. The parking garage has 4 covered levels and 1 outdoor level and I've never seen it completely filled, $20 is the daily parking cost. We find parking at port very safe and extremely convenient.

No they don't check your paperwork. And more important it is a bit confusing once parked.

There are folks outside thinking that you have to check in, but I found you go in and get in line to scan stuff and then in line to go to agents.

Do not get involved with the curb side action.

You will enjoy the Anthem and enjoy all the shows including Spectra. All three shows are good.

and don't forget that the Seaplex is very relaxing at times as they play radio music and the 2nd level and places to sit along the windows. Do the bumper cars too.

Wow, things have changed since Quantum left and Anthem moved in. We had an appointment time, our time was checked entering upon the waiting area, and were ushered to a line of chairs marked with our appointment time. Your line did not move until you were told. If someone with an earlier time arrived, they were ushered into their line and the movement was were immediately stopped and they were merged in with the line. Very organized and controlled.

If you are driving and parking in their garage, I would arrive at 10:45 -- no later.

Not True. Why are you telling people to get there 10:45, no later? Did you have a bad experience once, parking in the garage?

We've been on Anthem many times, in the double digits and quite a few times we've arrived at the port 1-1:30 pm and many other times 12-12:30 and have never, ever had a problem parking in the garage. Nor have we ever had to park in the overflow across the street.

Only once, I've seen a few cars from our balcony arrive around 2 pm and parked in the overflow.

I don't want to stress people out and have them think they have to arrive at the port no later than 10:45 (which is not true) to get a parking space in the garage.

We are driving in from Delaware. I don't know how long it will take due to traffic &/or construction (I seem to remember hearing about construction) so I am planning on leaving home around 9 am. I remember reading on here that you needn't be concerned if you are early. I would rather be early than late!

My big concern is if I can get a handicap parking spot. We are bringing a mobility scooter with us (for DH). They did a wonderful job for us in Port Canaveral in March. The porters unloaded everything from the car & we didn't get to touch anything. DH stayed with the carry-ons & scooter while I parked the car. I found a spot 2 over from a handicap spot. I use a cane so have a little difficulty walking distances.

I know I'll have to wait for an empty spot just hoping I don't have to keep riding around until I find one.

We are driving in from Delaware. I don't know how long it will take due to traffic &/or construction (I seem to remember hearing about construction) so I am planning on leaving home around 9 am. I remember reading on here that you needn't be concerned if you are early. I would rather be early than late!

My big concern is if I can get a handicap parking spot. We are bringing a mobility scooter with us (for DH). They did a wonderful job for us in Port Canaveral in March. The porters unloaded everything from the car & we didn't get to touch anything. DH stayed with the carry-ons & scooter while I parked the car. I found a spot 2 over from a handicap spot. I use a cane so have a little difficulty walking distances.

I know I'll have to wait for an empty spot just hoping I don't have to keep riding around until I find one.

The Porters at Cape Liberty will also help you unload everything from the car. At the port when the lanes splits into two, stay in the right hand lane, it'll be much easier to unload and you'll be closer to the entrance of the Terminal. Once you enter the gargage, someone will direct you to parking. Don't know if there are any handicapped parking spaces in the garage. The garage is not far to the Terminal entrance.

The Porters at Cape Liberty will also help you unload everything from the car. At the port when the lanes splits into two, stay in the right hand lane, it'll be much easier to unload and you'll be closer to the entrance of the Terminal. Once you enter the gargage, someone will direct you to parking. Don't know if there are any handicapped parking spaces in the garage. The garage is not far to the Terminal entrance.

I am pretty sure the first level of the garage is the handicap area. Also, when they pull up to the port worker who is directing people to the curb, if they tell them they have a handicap person, they will send them to an specific area at the curb that is right at the entrance.

I am pretty sure the first level of the garage is the handicap area. Also, when they pull up to the port worker who is directing people to the curb, if they tell them they have a handicap person, they will send them to an specific area at the curb that is right at the entrance.

You're probably right, thank you.

Thank you so much for this information. It makes me feel more comfortable going to a strange port. It was my first time at Port Canavarel also so I should have known I would get assistance.

I printed this information & the directions to the port. I'm getting more excited about this cruise. First time on Anthem. I cruised once on Oasis but most have been on smaller ships.

Suitcases come down tomorrow. Can't wait.