Stateroom questions

RNKenzie92

Hi all, just a few questions for my upcoming cruise-

How many plugs are there in the staterooms? I remember seeing a discussion a few yrs ago about taking an extension cord/outlet on the cruise and rules regarding what kind are allowed. Is it really necessary to take one? I will just be charging my phone and camera batteries as needed (plus any hair accessories as needed).

We have a balcony room, I know you cannot decorate/hang things from the balcony, but can we decorate the window/balcony door? I was thinking about taking some window clings.

Is room service available all night? I will be on the Freedom if it makes any difference.

For those with the Carnival credit card- do you pay off your cruise with it? I know for sure I want to connect my sign and sail cards to it.

Im sure I will think of some more questions :) Thanks in advance for all your help, I am really enjoying these boards.

Room service is available 24 hours a day. Here's a link https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/24-hour-room-service

Click on "menu" to see a PDF of the menu. Some items are available for free (sandwiches and salads), while some hot items include an additional charge.

We like to order a BLT at breakfast (we specify no mayo) -- that way we have bacon and toast for breakfast! You can combine this with items from the breakfast menu.

I think window clings would be just fine. Don't see why they would have a problem with this.

It has been a few years since our last Carnival cruise so I don't remember specifically about the plugs. But speaking generally, it is an issue. There never seem to be enough plugs. It just takes some planning to make sure you can keep everything charged.

Have fun!

How many plugs are there in the staterooms? I remember seeing a discussion a few yrs ago about taking an extension cord/outlet on the cruise and rules regarding what kind are allowed. Is it really necessary to take one? I will just be charging my phone and camera batteries as needed (plus any hair accessories as needed).

Some need to bring the allowed kind of multiple plug wall adapter with USB port to enable them to charge their electronic items at the same time, especially when they will spend a day in port the next day.

We bring a regular extension cord with three outlets and an adapter for the Euro two outlet.

Do not bring any extension cord or power strip with surge protection. Land and water ground differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is ONE outlet in the room. If you will need to plug in more than 1 thing at a time, bring a multi-plug adapter or a power strip without surge protection.

Others have answered about room service. Yes, it is 24 hours. Don't forget to tip the server (they aren't included in the auto-gratuities).

I would think you would want to pay for all you can with your Carnival credit card. Don't you get extra points when using it on Carnival (sorry, I don't have one)?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I, too, have a Carnival Credit card that I use for EVERYTHING! I pay for bills, groceries, and any and all purchases with that. This way I accrue enough reward points for a free cruise. By paying for your cruise with the card, you will receive double or triple points (I can't remember which). The key is to ALWAYS pay your balance off every month, but you don't need me to tell you that. I plan on booking on the Carnival Breeze for 2019, and will do that as soon as I return from my January 2018 cruise. I currently have enough reward points to pay for 1 1/2 fares, so hopefully by then I will have both of our fares paid for with rewards! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, only one outlet in the room. We have made do with it in the past, just taking turns charging electronics. I usually don't take any hair appliances. In more recent years we used a multi-tap that has usb plugs, but just realized it is a surge protector. We will probably just take a non-surge protected tap or strip. It's just easier when you have 2 cameras, ipads, phones. Before they had the Hub app I never used my phone, but now I carry it more so I don't have to keep up with the paper.

I use the Carnival credit card for the double points on Carnival purchases. However, after our December trip, I will probably just use up the points to credit back to my trip and then switch to a card that redeems for all travel & gets better points on all purchases.

As noted above, there is only one outlet in the cabin, and there is also one outlet in the bathroom. Be advised, however, that the outlet in the bathroom turns OFF when the lights are turned off. ;)

I use my Carnival Card to pay for everything cruise related, and a few other things (gasoline etc.) and the points rack up fairly quickly. It's a good deal IF,,,,you pay it off faithfully each and every month. The interest rate on unpaid balance is HORRIBLE! :(

"SKY"

The more cruise lines put on-board services in their on-board apps, the bigger issue this will become. Yes: There will always be people who won't use a smartphone and will have to be accommodated some other way, but just like with so many other things, as soon as "those who do" outnumber "those who don't" by enough of a margin, the accommodation will become secondary in nature, providing real advantages to those who do and at the same time presenting real disadvantages to those who don't, which in turn will prompt more and more of "those who don't" to become "those who do".

One of the best examples of this I experienced was when a flight was canceled due to equipment malfunction. Those of us without cellphones were directed onto a long and winding line at the check-in counter waiting for a gate agent to try to re-accommodate us on one of the few remaining flights that evening. Those with cellphones were able to call the reservations line where dozens of agents were waiting to serve them. Needless to say, those with cellphones all got re-accommodated and most of those without found themselves scrambling for the few rooms left at the airport hotel or sleeping on the terminal floor.

Also needless to say, within a very short period of time, carrying a cellphone became essential for people flying on business.

As noted above, there is only one outlet in the cabin, and there is also one outlet in the bathroom. Be advised, however, that the outlet in the bathroom turns OFF when the lights are turned off. ;)

:(

"SKY"

We leave our bathroom light on at night and close the door creating a nightlift for those late trips to the bathroom so we can use that outlet as charging station

Where is the one outlet located at in the balcony rooms? We cruise in a few weeks and I have been told we probably need to bring an extension cord (or ask the room steward for one) to enable the use of my CPAP each night.