ships out to sea waiting for Harvey

donna51

Since none of them are Princess ships, I suggest checking out the Carnival (3 ships if I remember correctly) and Royal Caribbean (1 ship) boards. I'm sure the situation is being discussed there.

It's certainly being discussed on the Carnival board. It's a pretty interesting thread, too, and one in which I'm happy not to have a personal cruising interest. The last few days have been challenging for those of us in Texas.

It's certainly being discussed on the Carnival board. It's a pretty interesting thread, too, and one in which I'm happy not to have a personal cruising interest. The last few days have been challenging for those of us in Texas.

We were on a cruise once that had to stay out at sea due to a hurricane. We got back to Fort Lauderdale on Labor Day instead of the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Everyone was using the internet café to e-mail loved ones to let them know the situation. I still remember one fellow cruiser who was talking to himself while waiting for an open computer. He was wondering who he could get to board up his home!

Cruise Critic has a news story about the affects on ships stuck at sea.

Harvey Slams Texas, Cruise Ships Still Waiting to Debark Passengers in Galveston

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8028

The above has up to date info on all of the ships trying to get back to Galveston.

There are also many threads on the Carnival & RCCL boards.